The question is not whether you believe in Facebook Recruiting or not. There are nearly 1 billion active users on Facebook. That’s a lot of people. A lot of fans who already like your brand. A lot of potentially good candidates. This is simply too important to ignore.
Your company needs to have a Careers tab on Facebook, just like it has a Careers page on the Web. Good news is. It’s really easy to do. And it’s entirely free.
A Careers Page for the Social Web
- Careers Tab – Search and view available jobs
- Apply with Facebook (or LinkedIn) profile
- Like and Share jobs with friends
- Insider Connections to see who you know at this company
- Search and Filter for relevant jobs
- Get In touch and submit a resume
- New Timeline format
Facebook Job Advertizing
We’re also introducing a new Facebook Advertising service to help you drive qualified candidates to your jobs. Order Facebook Ads from SmartRecruiters and we will automatically turn your job posting into a targeted Facebook ad campaign.
Unlike traditional job boards, Facebook Job Advertising lets you target only relevant candidates, leveraging location, interest, employers, and more. We’ve been testing this ourselves and got great results.
If you haven’t installed your SmartRecruiters Facebook App yet, now might be a good time. It only takes 2 minutes (and yes, it’s entirely free)
1) Visit Careers Tab and click on “Install App.”
2) Connect the App to your existing SmartRecruiters account (or create a new one).
Note: You need to be a Facebook admin to install an app on a page.
That’s it. Happy Hiring.