Collectively, Americans spend 100,000 years a month on the Facebook making it the place to be. Companies that are hiring or building their employment brand are integrating Facebook into their overall recruitment strategies more than ever. Job seekers are also becoming more comfortable searching, applying, and learning about the hiring process on the number one social networking site. Here are 10 great Facebook Fan Pages that aim to help job seekers in the search for their perfect job.
10. AT&T College Connection. A company fan page for college students and those applying for internships with AT&T. The community page manager quickly responds to questions and provides great resources.
8. HCareers. A page dedicated to those job seekers in the hospitality industry. Daily job seeker question and article resources.
7. This is NPR. A newly launched Facebook Fan Page by the recruiting team at NPR. The NPR twitter stream already provides great conversation and job seeker value. I look forward to seeing how their fan page evolves.
6. PRSA. Job seekers should always view their employment and career searches like an employment branding and PR campaign. While this fan page is not for job seekers per say, you will learn volumes on how to brand your job search effectively.
5. US Department of Labor. Arm yourself with knowledge about employment laws and resources that the DOL provides on Facebook. This page also keeps you up to date on the intersection of the private sector and government programs, such as Social Jobs.
4. Glassdoor.com. A very active fan page. It’s not surprising that Glassdoor that gives job seekers the opportunity to rate employers and their hiring processes also provides great resources and networking opportunities for job seekers on platforms outside of their own.
3. Social Media Jobs. This is one is not technically a page, but it’s good and it’s on Facebook. This is a group focused on sharing job openings in social media. Connect with social media influencers and other job seekers in this exclusive Facebook Group.
2. Brazen Careerist. The Brazen Careerist offers networking opportunities and resources with an impressive number of fans. Fans can post their favorite job seeker resources directly on their page or by “@ mentioning” them.
1. Ernst and Young. This fan page was creating value before Facebook was cool. In addition to sharing information about the company’s culture, they provide great resources for young professionals and insights into today’s job market. A great example for employers to follow.
Jessica Miller-Merrell, SPHR is a HR consultant, new media strategist, and author – check out her Blogging4Jobs page on Facebook. Jessica is the host of Job Search Secrets, an internet television show for job seekers.
And Don’t Forget About the Zero Unemployment Facebook Page: It combines the thought leadership of where the labor market will be tomorrow with tips for the job seeker today.
Imagine a world where people that want to work, can work; a world where businesses that need talent, get talent. Imagine a world where hiring is easy.