Warehouse Manager at 1800Flowers.com
- Maple Heights, OH
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is the world’s leading florist and gift shop. For more than 35 years, 1-800-FLOWERS® has been helping deliver smiles for our customers with gifts for every occasion, including fresh flowers and the finest selection of plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, confections, candles, balloons and plush stuffed animals. As always, our 100% Smile Guarantee backs every gift.
1800Flowers.com is part of the 1-800-Flowers.com Family of Brands (www.1800flowers.com). Our other delicious brands include Stock Yards, Cheryl's Cookies, Design Pac, Fannie May Chocolates, 1800Baskets.com and The Popcorn Factory.
The Warehouse Manager provides leadership and strategic execution to the receipt, inspection, order processing, and fulfillment of 1800flowers direct to consumer product.
Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements.
Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by following and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
Maintaining proper receipts with respect to inbound and outbound materials
Pull samples and ensure QC verification of incoming and outgoing goods
Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts
Distributes materials to production lines according to FIFO, scheduling requirements, and positive quality control release.
Data entry into computer programs as required
Operation of forklifts and pallet jacks. Maintains physical condition of warehouse by inspecting equipment.
Maintains warehouse housekeeping and organization.
Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
Maintains warehouse staff by selecting, orienting and training employees.
Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
Assume responsibility for getting certified to be able to complete forklift and electric pallet jack training for other associates.
Responsible for monitoring and maintaining operating expenses in accordance with budgetary requirements.
Responsible for creating and executing an operational plan that allows 1800flowers to achieve both peak and non-peak shipping requirements / volume.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years internet warehouse fulfillment experience
- Experience managing warehouse staff, inbound/outbound orders, and strong inventory management and reporting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in all aspects of MS Office
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Team player
Warehouse associate 1, 2 & 3 (as well as any temporary associates 1-70)
- Order Processor 1 (as well as any temporary order processors 1-5)
- Forklift and electric pallet jack certifications or ability to obtain one.
- Be able to carry and open up shipper boxes (5 lbs. - 50 lbs.).
- Ability to work and manage workers in a cold climate environment.
- Ability to spend prolonged time on feet and be able to lift and bend repeatedly.