Director of E-Commerce
- Melrose Park, IL
Fannie May has over 100 retail locations in 6 states and Canada. Throughout the years Fannie May has developed candies that often become the center of many family and holiday traditions. Beginning with only a handful of confections today Fannie May makes over 100 different confections and continues to develop new and innovative flavor profiles for our customers.
Fannie May is part of the 1-800-Flowers.com Family of Brands (www.1800flowers.com).
The Director of E-Commerce will be responsible for directly managing the eCommerce platform for www.Fanniemay.com, and for www.HarryLondon.com. This position is responsible for developing performance based e-Commerce marketing strategies that support the business and help grow the brand. This position is highly collaborative and requires the ability to coordinate internal cross-functional teams.
This position will maintain full P&L responsibility of the e-Commerce channel.
Development of e-commerce capabilities which will drive aggressive sales goals and optimization of site-wide Key Performance indicators
• Management of the eCommerce P&L through detailed forecasting, budget development and oversight, revenue generation and marketing activities in conjunction with other internal and external teams
• Work closely with the Marketing Director, Catalog and Web to execute the new brand positioning for Fannie May on the FannieMay.com website
• Oversee website images and copy for each product update/addition; Ensure all images and copy are accurately posted on the site and are in alignment with merchandising strategies.
• Determine optimal online architecture modifications based on sales performance.
• Partner with Marketing and Merchandising to collaborate on themes for site promotion (email campaigns, product launch announcements, in-store events or new store openings, etc.
• Collaborate with the Interactive Marketing team to develop the strategy of all online marketing campaigns, including Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Affiliate, Datafeeds, Video, Retargeting, and Display Marketing.
• Work with Planning teams to ensure alignment in assortment planning and markdown strategy, while maintaining a wide breadth of available products
• Understand core metrics traffic and conversion analysis. Monitor results and Improve conversion.
• Act as project manager for e-commerce campaigns: Work with Marketing Director – Catalog and Web to develop promotional calendar and manage timelines
• Coordinate with IT staff, deploy campaigns, track campaigns to budget, and report on results.
• Lead A/B testing and analytics to optimize marketing effectiveness and return on investment
• Recap daily product performance: selling by class, major events that drove business, trending attributes
• Oversee site infrastructure development, technology recommendations and enhancement
• Track and share ecommerce and retail trends as well as competitive landscape information.
• Project management of any new products or enhancements to online environment (i.e., affiliate programs, personalization, native mobile applications, search engine marketing and optimization)
• Partner with other channel leaders (brick & mortar channels of trade) to ensure a seamless consumer experience and incremental growth, without disrupting the traditional brick and mortar business
• At least 10 years experience within the E-commerce and digital space.
• BA/BS degree
• Strong quantitative analysis skills: proven business analysis and project management success
• Experience in an online retail environment
• Retail E-Commerce, Mobile, and Omnichannel retail experience preferred
• Ability to create and present status updates in Leadership Meetings and other executive level forums
• Ability to manage expectations and alignment around a 12 – 18 month digital road map.
• Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work within tight deadlines.
• Must possess skills to solve practical problems.
• Must be able to coordinate information between many departments and have proven leadership skills.
• Must be able to inspire and lead people.
Direct Reports: Web Content & Merchandising Manager Manager E-Commerce Marketing
Travel: Up to 10%