Recruiter Intern (spring semester)
- Carle Place, NY
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is the world’s leading florist and gift shop. For more than 38 years, 1-800-FLOWERS® (1-800-356-9377 or www.1800flowers.com) has been helping deliver smiles for our customers with gifts for every occasion, including fresh flowers and the finest selection of plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, confections, candles, balloons and plush stuffed animals. As always, our 100% Smile Guarantee® backs every gift. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM was named a winner of the 2015 “Best Companies to Work for in New York State” award by The New York Society for Human Resource Management (NYS-SHRM). 1-800-FLOWERS.COM was awarded the 2014 Silver Stevie Award, recognizing the organization's outstanding Customer Service and commitment to our 100% Smile Guarantee®. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM received a Gold Award for Best User Experience on a Mobile Optimized Site for the 2013 Horizon Interactive Awards. The Company’s BloomNet® international floral wire service (www.mybloomnet.net) provides a broad range of quality products and value-added services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM “Gift Shop” also includes gourmet gifts such as premium, gift-quality fruits and other gourmet items from Harry & David® (1-877-322-1200 or www.harryanddavid.com), popcorn and specialty treats from: The Popcorn Factory® (1-800-541-2676 or www.thepopcornfactory.com); cookies and baked gifts from Cheryl’s® (1-800-443-8124 or www.cheryls.com); premium chocolates and confections from Fannie May® confections brands (www.fanniemay.com and www.harrylondon.com); gift baskets and towers from 1-800-Baskets.com® (www.1800baskets.com); incredible, carved fresh fruit arrangements from FruitBouquets.com (www.fruitbouquets.com); top quality steaks and chops from Stock Yards® (www.stockyards.com); as well as premium branded customizable invitations and personal stationery from FineStationery.com®(www.finestationery.com). The Company’s Celebrations® brand (www.celebrations.com) is a source for creative party ideas, must-read articles, online invitations and e-cards, all created to help people celebrate holidays and the everyday. Shares in 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, ticker symbol: FLWS.
1-800-Flowers.com is seeking a Human Resources Extern OR Intern for our Carle Place offices. We are offering the chance for students to join one of Long Island’s premier employers and apply their education and experience in a practical, entrepreneurial setting. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to problem solve, multi-task, work independently and collaboratively with others, and will be well versed in social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
This internship is focused on all aspects of Talent Acquisition and onboarding. This fall the successful candidate will learn:
- How to leverage all social media outlets for talent acquisition
- Creating job descriptions, reading resumes, phone and on-site interviewing
- Gain in-depth experience in all things data management in Human Resource
- Have the opportunity to develop an applicant tracking platform
- Gain valuable, real-world experience in the growing HR field!
- Participate in, or "own" certain parts of the talent acquisition process as their advance.
- Create job descriptions to post on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Monster, Indeed)
- Assist in managing open positions report for $450 million dollar Floral Brand and departments like IT, finance and customer care
- Conduct phone interviews with candidates for all Company roles
- Schedule all on-site interviews with candidates and managers
- Participate in recruitment strategy meetings to discuss recruitment operations
- Assist in managing all employee files
- Assist in employee relations functions including exit interviews, orientations and employee disputes
- Manage all HR paperwork for new hires
- Assist in the development of employee training opportunities and Internship program development
- Collaborate with all levels of executive management
Bachelor’s degree (or pursuit of) in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- Pursuit of an MBA/MS or higher degree a major plus.
- Experience in telephone screening, sales or creative writing strongly preferred
- Previous internship or full time experience preferred but not required
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Mastery of social media
- Photography or video editing experience a MAJOR plus but not required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.