- Los Angeles, CA
Hospital and Healthcare
OT Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides differential diagnosis for patients with functional disorders. Includes written reports made to both contracted facility and patient’s physician.
- Establishes and carries out treatment programs on the basis of the diagnostics information available which will meet the patient’s activity of daily living needs.
- Assists the patient, family, and appropriate restorative personnel to obtain information relative to the specific disorders while in the rehabilitation setting to facilitate patient recovery.
- Interacts regularly with other members of the rehabilitation team and nursing staff on the patient’s treatment plan, progress, and prognosis.
- Maintains good rapport with all significant administrative and restorative nursing personnel in all facilities in their area.
- Assures that all required written documentation is completed and appropriately placed on a timely basis.
- Submits logs and all billing information on a timely basis.
- Reports any problem areas within each facility to the appropriate supervisor immediately.
- Comply with the State Licensing Board of California, Title 22, CMS, and California Labor Board Guidelines.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
A. Ability to bend, reach, or assist to transfer up to 50-100 lbs.
B. Ability to stand and/or walk 80% of an 8 hr. shift.
C. Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions.
OT Job Summary:
Provides Occupational Therapy services including evaluation, treatment planning & implementation, discharge planning, as well as prepare reports detailing progress. Treatments will include training in activities of daily living, functional skills, motor development, compensation techniques & use of adaptive equipment and splinting. Test & evaluate patient’s physical and mental abilities analyzing rehabilitation goals; consult with rehab team in order to coordinate the most effective occupational therapy program.
OT Organizational Relationships:
Director of Rehabilitation,
Responsible for the care delivered by COTA’s, Rehab Technician.