Role: UX/UI Designer
Location : Vancouver, BC
Contract: 12 Months
Key Accountabilities, Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design wireframes, conceptual diagrams, visual mockups, and rapid prototypes to lead and promote user interface designs.
• Elegantly implement page designs in standards-compliant dynamic HTML and CSS.
• Effectively present and collaborate with product management and peers to define user interfaces and champion the user experience.
• Work collaboratively within the development process to ensure effective implementation of designs and release of high quality interfaces.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
• Strong ability in information architecture.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong and dedicated team player.
• Comfortable working within rapid design and development cycles with changing priorities.
• Dedication to completing work on time-sensitive projects.
• Graphic design experience and proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
• Experienced with wireframing / prototyping tools. Knowledge of Axure would be an asset.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Stay current on new technologies and trends in web application design.
• Embrace and promote best practices in order to create maintainable, high-performing web applications.
• Knowledge about the MVC framework.
• Passionate for building elegant, highly-responsive user experience, detail-oriented and great pride in every feature, font and pixel you design and develop.
• Strong appreciation for the value of documenting UX standards.
• Formal education in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX professional experience.
• 3+ years’ experience as a user experience, interaction or web designer or similar role.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating related experience.
• Experience designing in an Agile development environment would be an asset.
• Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with Subversion.