Construction Project Manager
- Toronto, Canada
Position: Construction Project Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
Our client, an expanding, privately owned Toronto Residential Home Builder is currently looking for a Construction Project Manager with at least 5 years of residential and commercial project management experience. The successful candidate will have experience in all aspects of project management, including Residential and Commercial Land Development, Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration and Safety Management.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Residential and Commercial land development activities involving the acquisition of land, development of site plans and applicable engineering designs for residential and commercial developments including site designs, storm sewers, sanitary sewers and water servicing.
* Ensure plans abide by the Planning Act and work to get approvals from local municipalities.
* Manage project activities throughout life-cycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget and other factors necessary for success.
* Manage project start-up, tender documents, applications for approval, building permits, budgets, estimates, construction schedules and progress.
* Maintain a strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
* Communicate effectively with various contractors responsible for completing each phase of the project.
* Identify elements of the project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
* Ensure Project documents are complete.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule that may include work outside normal hours.
* Experience working within Durham Region would be considered an asset.