Our client, a leading environmentally- and socially-progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States, is Business Unit Safety Manager to join our team. This position will have oversight and management responsibilities for compliance of all safety affairs as regulated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Health and Safety Administration (MSHA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT), covering all Florida locations. This exempt position will report directly to the Safety Director and will be based in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
- Manage the performance, learning and development of safety professionals in the region.
- Manage compliance through OSHA/MSHA/DOT to include safety training and occupational exposure limitations.
- Implement and manage safety policies and procedures.
- Direct the prompt investigations of safety related incidents including root-cause analysis with a focus toward prevention.
- Report safety statistics and performance metrics results to business unit executives.
- Manage safety trend analysis, workers compensation and loss.
- Design, implement, manage, and continuously improve pro-active Behavior Based Safety Programs.