Senior Product Manager, - Telecommunications (Bilingual)
- Miami, FL
General Purpose of the Position
The Sr. Product Manager, Voice, Video & Unified Communications is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with Engineering, Sales and Marketing in order to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Sr. Voice, Video & Unified Communications Product Manager will be required to work in the development of
IT managed and outsourcing solution products for the Global Corporate Market.
This position is also responsible for ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop business cases for each new product in order to determine business feasibility and obtain execution approvals.
- Act as a leader within the company for each product assigned.
- Define the product life cycle and roadmap.
- Update the product documentation and development across its life cycle.
- Document, communicate and ensure compliance with the product features, boundaries and profiles.
- Deliver MRDs (Marketing Requirement Documents) and PRDs (Product Requirement Documents) with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Document, communicate and ensure compliance with network architecture and design.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and opportunities.
- Create the product documentation which will serve as reference for all the areas involved in the sales and support path.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early‐stage products and samples.
- Document the products in a “Product Book” and keep it updated.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Perform product demos to customers.
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Deliver product revenue forecasts.
- Develop sales tools and collateral.
- Brief and train the sales force on the products.
- Among others assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) / Requirements:
- Good understanding on product sales processes and experience in working with system integrators.
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of MPLS, QoS, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Managed Solutions, VPN, Network Security, VoIP, Routing, Switching technologies, IT and Network Solutions Architecture, Cloud, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS.
- Expert in Encapsulations, BGP, routing and switching protocols.
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of VoIP, Video Conference, Video Surveillance & Unified Communications.
- Good understanding of the product sales processes, and experience in working with large telecommunications companies or system integrators.
- Understanding of networking, security services and infrastructure.
- Expert in WAN, LAN, firewall, load balancing and other network technologies and concepts.
- Extensive hands‐on experience designing and supporting the selling of complex networking solutions.
- Expert in market pricing and competition for each product.
- Experience and understanding "beyond the network" in a service provider environment.
- In‐depth knowledge and understanding of the communication functions and constraints of applications that traverse a network.
- Experience working with large, complex MPLS networks with LEC and IXC Expert Level IP routing (OSPF, BGP/MBGP, EBPG, IBGP), Ethernet, VLANs, VoIP, MPLS, traffic engineering.
- Strong understanding and experience on integrating security requirements into network architecture.
- Effective interpersonal skills with comfort in delivering presentations to groups.
- Motivated self‐starter with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities to meet business goals.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Motivated self‐starter with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities in order to meet business goals.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products with Excellence.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross‐functional teams.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
IV. Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable in IT engineering / Marketing or Business Administration, but other disciplines are acceptable with 10 years of experience in IT product development/management. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing, launching and supporting large enterprise, Voice, Video and UC products for Telecommunications or IT services companies.
- Preferably CCDP or CCNP, CCDE.
- This position requires a combination of high level education and experience that allows the Product
- Manager have a good understanding of the Marketing, IT Engineering, Business Development and
- Finance related to the product.
- Good project management skills are desirable to manage the product launching plans.
- A MUST: experience in Cloud Voice, VoIP, Virtual PBX, Video Conference, Video Surveillance and UC
- as well as experience in Latin America Market and Global IT or Telecom companies.
- Experience in large companies serving global customers is highly desirable.
- Fully fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
- Extensive hands‐on experience designing and supporting products for complex IT solutions.
- Experience and understanding "beyond the IT internal support" into an IT service provider environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtualization and IT large enterprise environment.
- Experience and understanding of data center, collocation and hosting environments.
Candidate Questions, Must answer when sending resume:
Do you have experience as a Product Manager in the Telecommunications Industry?
(Please indicate - COVER ALL POINTS - your title, where you obtained this experience, your functions, and for how long)
Do you have experience designing, launching Products or Services for Telecommunications or IT Services Company?
(Please indicate - COVER ALL POINTS - What products, brief description, scope and goals reached)
What is the highest level of education that you have completed?
Are you Bilingual (Spanish/English)?
What is your salary expectations?
Are you authorized to work in the US?