Project Accountant (Construction)
- Milwaukee, WI
Project Accountant (Construction) will be Responsible for providing management with various financial analysis and information related to project costs. This includes working with global satellite accounting staff to ensure a standard accounting process is followed.
Project Accountant (Construction) - Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develops and maintains daily project cost template for all active jobs, including adding AP invoice, time sheet, per diem and expense report information.
- By working closely with the MSII Scheduler and analyzing credit card statements, ensures that all expenses have been captured and assigned to the correct jobs.
- Prepares and enters the monthly Project Percent Complete Journal entry and Project Backlog report.
- Reconciles the Cost of Sales section of the MSII P&L to the monthly change in Project reports.
- Gather, analyze and report on the financial status of turnkey projects through the project cost tracking system.
- Working with global satellite accounting staff, leads the set-up of project accounting to institute standard global accounting practices.
- Develops and maintains global project scheduling.
- Maintains accounting interface with automation of project cost tracking with turnkey operations.
Project Accountant (Construction) - Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science, Engineering or related Business discipline
- Primavera 6 experience.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, excellent time management and above average organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including GAAP.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
Project Accountant (Construction) - Preferred Qualifications:
- Great Plains Accounting Software experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience in construction accounting and project accounting experience.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelines.
All Candidates must answer the following questions:
Do you have experience performing Project Cost Accounting for a Construction company? (Please indicate - COVER ALL POINTS - your title, where you obtained this experience, your functions, and for how long)
Do you have Primavera experience? (Please indicate - COVER ALL POINTS - your title, what was the project, where you obtained this experience, your functions, and for how long)
What is the highest level of education that you have completed?
What is your salary expectations?
Are you authorized to work in the US?