2405.0052 - Training & Development Specialist
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Customer Support & Success
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Training & Development Specialist
Job ID #: 2405 .0052
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Training & Knowledge Management, the Training & Development Specialist will identify, design, and deliver company training solutions to meet business needs for a variety of internal and external customers.
You will work closely with Sales, Customer Success and Support, and 8x8’s external partners to develop programs that increase employee effectiveness and lead to better sales and customer satisfaction. You also will serve as a general product knowledge resource for employees and customers.
This role requires the ability to collaborate effectively and to work independently with a minimum of supervision, while juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with business units to assess learning needs
- Determine appropriate solutions to achieve goals and improve related employee performance
- Develop and maintain existing training for employees, business partners, and customers
- Deliver training on proprietary systems, processes and tools
- Coach employees to better performance through call monitoring and quality initiatives
- Evaluate the effectiveness of delivered programs; communicate results and recommend improvements
- Stay current on technology-based solutions to maximize operational efficiencies
- Deliver instruction to individuals and groups in a variety of formats; adapt content and delivery to meet audience needs. This can include facilitating webinar training for existing and prospective customers
- Ability to analyze business needs and recommend appropriate learning solutions
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously in a spontaneous, fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Track record of achieving goals under a minimum of supervision
- Confident public speaker, experienced at motivating large groups of people and facilitating live and virtual training sessions and workshops
- Demonstrated ability to organize course material and technical content into intuitive learning format for a variety of delivery channels including classroom, eLearning, and live webinars
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to research content, work with Subject Matter Experts, and present complex information clearly
- Technically adept: proficient with required programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, screen capture, recording, and web-based content management and authoring tools
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience as a corporate trainer
- 2 years of experience developing content and managing curriculum
- Previous experience in sales, customer support, and/or designing and developing employee onboarding programs is an advantage
- Training certifications a plus
Please note: High-potential candidates may be asked to provide samples of work or facilitate a short training session as part of the interview process
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.