NOTE: Leveling will depend on the assessment of the candidate's suitability for this role. Priority will be given to local candidates that match the requirements as listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Network Operations
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Senior Operations Support Engineer
Job ID #: 9000 .0002
The Sr. Operations Support Engineer provides technical product support for the 24x7 8x8 Virtual Contact Center application. This position is responsible for the creation, managing and resolution of change requests and production issues escalated from the 8x8, Inc. Technical Support Group while meeting response and resolution service level agreements. Troubleshoots customer issues and answers technical support questions and implements fixes and work-arounds for application problems. Creates and maintains documentation for supported applications. Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision. A high degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide internal application support for a wide variety of clustered systems, stand alone servers, applications, batch processes, load balancers, various network LAN/WAN devices, batch processes, and databases.
- Monitor all systems for failures
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases within SLAs and provide up-to-date details on each.
- Respond to emergency operational needs which may require after hours support.
- Provide documentation for work-arounds and file bugs for detected application issues.
- Participate in scheduled maintenances and system upgrades
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Provide on-call pager support during off-hours
- Follow prescribed procedures and document all work performed in the ticket system.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other company personnel by training and documentation.