9000.0002 - Senior Operations Support Engineer
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
NOTE: Leveling will depend on the assessment of the candidate's suitability for this role. Priority will be given to local candidates that match the requirements as listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Network Operations
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Senior Operations Support Engineer
Job ID #: 9000 .0002
The Sr. Operations Support Engineer provides technical product support for the 24x7 8x8 Virtual Contact Center application. This position is responsible for the creation, managing and resolution of change requests and production issues escalated from the 8x8, Inc. Technical Support Group while meeting response and resolution service level agreements. Troubleshoots customer issues and answers technical support questions and implements fixes and work-arounds for application problems. Creates and maintains documentation for supported applications. Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision. A high degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide internal application support for a wide variety of clustered systems, stand alone servers, applications, batch processes, load balancers, various network LAN/WAN devices, batch processes, and databases.
- Monitor all systems for failures
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases within SLAs and provide up-to-date details on each.
- Respond to emergency operational needs which may require after hours support.
- Provide documentation for work-arounds and file bugs for detected application issues.
- Participate in scheduled maintenances and system upgrades
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Provide on-call pager support during off-hours
- Follow prescribed procedures and document all work performed in the ticket system.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other company personnel by training and documentation.
This position requires the individual to have the following skill sets:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or
- 3 to 5 years experience in computer operations, production control or other IT related field
- Experience with software application support
- Must possess a keen technical mind capable of quickly learning new skills and tools
- Knowledge of networking technologies, protocols, services and applications including Ethernet, Metro Ethernet, IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, MPLS VPNs, QoS, VoIP and TCP.
- Knowledge of Linux (Redhat4+) operating systems required.
- Knowledge of Apache and MySQL required
- Knowledge of scripting languages required
- Familiarity with Windows 7, Windows 2003, or Windows XP troubleshooting
- Familiarity with web browser technologies particularly Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- VOIP Troubleshooting Experience
- Sound Knowledge of Cisco network devices
- Previous NOC experience
- Excellent application support and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to regularly produce accurate and professional work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to research and suggest innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team or as an individual contributor.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates exceptional capacity for taking ownership of issues through to resolution.
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.