4000.0018 - Software Engineer, Mobile Applications
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Engineering
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Software Engineer, Mobile Applications
Job ID #: 4000 .0018
8x8, Inc. is looking for an experienced mobile applications developer to help grow 8x8's mobile applications product portfolio. This candidate will be responsible for the design and development of unified communications applications on mobile platforms.
- C/C++, C#, Objective C, Java (J2ME) development experience (5+ years)
- iOS and/or Android and/or Windows Mobile development experience (3+ years)
- Client/server application development experience (2+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of real-time multi-threaded programming
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP APIs (sockets, HTTP, TCP vs UDP)
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of building applications from the ground up
Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- VoIP (SIP)
- Audio CODECs, audio processing and audio APIs
- Familiarity with media streaming technologies (RTP, RTMP, RTSP)
- Windows Mobile development experience nice to have
Bachelor degree (Masters a plus) with 5+ years of experience working in the mobile applications industry.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.