4710.0011 - QA Engineer I
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Network Operations
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer I
Job ID #: 4710 .0011
8x8 is looking for a junior level Quality Assurance engineer with a VoIP background. This is an exciting opportunity to become a member of the 8x8 Operations team that is involved in all aspects of QA for 8x8 products and services. The ideal candidate should have some experience in black box testing, web app testing, regression testing, script/tool generation, test plan generation, documentation, problem analysis, troubleshooting, and bug/defect tracking and reporting. This position will work closely with the Engineering department during the test cycle.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases for all 8x8 products
- Perform extensive functionality, integration, regression, interoperability and end-to-end system testing
- Design and develop scripts to automate regression tests where possible
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that the highest quality software is deployed
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them to a bug tracking database
- Communicate technical concepts/issues clearly to colleagues and review documents for technical content and accuracy
- Familiarity with VoIP protocols (SIP, MGCP)
- A basic understanding of QA practices / policies and how to apply them
- Experience with computer networking
- Experience using network analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Candidate should be: a team player, self-motivated, eager to learn, result oriented, able to work independently when needed, have a strong attention to detail and be able to think “outside the box”
- Must have experience with documenting test plans, test cases, bug reports, and status reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be the customer’s advocate in matters of quality and the user experience
- 2+ years of relevant QA experience testing VoIP and web applications
- 2+ years experience developing/maintaining automation scripts for regression testing with test automation software (i.e. QTP, Rational Functional Tester, Selenium, WinRunner, etc.)
- Strong expertise and hands-on testing in Linux/Unix, Windows, and Mac operating environments
- Understanding of XML & API testing
- Knowledge of Web and CRM environments
- SQL/database knowledge
- Strong in scripting and/or programming languages (Perl, tcl, C, Java, shell etc…)
- Experience testing consumer-targeted software
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.