4400.0005 - Experienced Java Programmer
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
NOTE: THE REQ. NUMBER BELOW WAS RECENTLY UPDATED TO REFLECT THE PROPER DEPARTMENT.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: R&D / Engineering
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Sr. Java Developer (Engineering)
Job ID #: 4400 .0005
8x8, Inc. a leader in the business communications services is looking for a smart and responsible Senior Java developer for building their state of the art communications software. The web based communication software integrates the variety of services like phone, fax, web collaboration, meeting, video into one unified platform.
The candidate is expected to be proficient in the following areas:
- Good Object Oriented design and implementation (5+ years)
- Deep knowledge in using J2SE (5+ years) & Sound knowledge in release 1.5
- Deep knowledge in using J2EE (4+ years) & proficiency in web MVC frameworks
- Hands on working knowledge with XML and related technologies (3+ years)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of relational databases.
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to willingness to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Familiarity with media streaming technologies (SIP, RTP, RTMP, RTSP) and/or good knowledge of TCP/IP APIs (HTTP, Plain sockets, TCP vs UDP – unicast, multicast or broadcast) is a plus but not required.
Must possess many of the following:
- EJB, Spring, Servlets, Strut, MySQL and/or Oracle, jGroups Clustering, Multithreaded programming, Java NIO, Knowledge of scalability,
- Experience building web services using WSDL / SOAP and REST web services, Linux and Virtualized environments.
- Proficiency with IDE-based development, especially in Eclipse, Netbeans is required.
- Proficiency building unit tests, especially using JUnit / TestNG. Proficiency with Ant and SVN is required.
- Must have experience with large databases and systems.
- Candidate will work with a high performing team of individuals working towards delivering state of the art web applications for 8x8, Inc. using Java web technologies.
- Bachelor degree (Master's a plus) with 7 to 10 years of working experience in the industry.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time any employer.
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.