4400.0009 - Test Automation Engineer
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Engineering
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Test Automation Engineer
Job ID #: 4400 .0009
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in a test automation tool selection process for a heterogeneous environment (.Net/Java/C/mobile/flash).
- Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives.
- Develop and execute automated tests using the selected tool, which will likely require programming in C, C++, Java, or some scripting language.
- Install and configure test systems.
- Perform static analysis of source code using complexity metrics.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Integrate the test suites into the test management System and custom test harnesses.
- The ability to participate effectively in estimation, planning, cost-of-quality, and quality risk analysis is desired.
- Manage a team (could include offshore) engineers focused on test automation and performance testing.
- Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
- Good understanding of Linux.
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages required by test automation tool s.
- Experience with Selenium, QTP and other similar test automation tools. Experience with SIP/VoIP is highly desirable.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.