2405.0076 - Technical Installation Lead
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Customer Success & Support
Employment Type: Contract-To-Hire
Title: Technical Installation Lead
Job ID #: 2405.0076
8x8 is seeking polished technical support professionals to assist our business customers with our award winning hosted PBX switch, SIP service, IP phones, networks, and VoIP service. You will be performing over the phone new system installation and configuration in a call center environment. Your proven technical diagnosis and problem solving skills coupled with concise communication skills will help 8x8 successfully "take live" hundreds of new business customers each week.
The ideal candidate will ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by promptly assisting customers, new or existing, with the initial setup and/or configuration of extensions, services, activating equipment, transferring phone numbers from a prior carrier and resolving billing issues.
- Contact new or existing customers via phone or e-mail regarding the initial setup of their account.
- Instruct and walk new or existing customers on how to navigate through the self service portal.
- Instruct and walk new or existing customers through configuring extensions, services, and activating equipment.
- Instruct and walk new or existing customer through properly submitting a Number Transfer request.
- Meet or exceed productivity metrics.
- Manage calendar of appointments and tasks.
- Resolve escalations from the escalations team or from supervisors.
- Answer inbound calls to support and perform troubleshooting steps to resolve customer issues.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of routers, switches and other network components desirable but not required
- Experience with major VOIP protocols, such as SIP and MGCP, desirable but not required
Scheduling & Compensation
- Initial 3-month contract to hire position.
- Flexible Monday through Friday schedules.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Full Medical and Dental Insurance, 12 paid holidays, 15 paid personal time off, 401k, ESSP, and profit sharing available after contractual period. Limited benefits are available during contractual period (see HR for details)
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.