5100.0013 - Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer I
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Network Operations
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer I
Job ID #: 5100.0013
A NOC Engineer to be responsible for performing routine system maintenance, monitoring the system and network health. This position will require the use of various system/network monitoring tools.
- A NOC Engineer to be responsible for, performing routine system maintenance, monitoring the system and network health
- Monitoring and maintenance of various system/network monitoring tools
- This position will provide 3rd level support for technical problems escalated from 2nd level Customer Support
- Assisting in tracking bugs and gathering specific technical information to be given to the developers
- Open/Track trouble tickets with various service providers
- Work closely with all technical teams to improve strategies that will increase reliability, availability, and uptime for services
- 2 or more years experience with Linux based environment
- Working knowledge of Cisco and/or Foundry network equipment
- Understanding of MySQL, DNS (bind), SNMP, MRTG and SNMP-based System/network management system
- Prior experience in troubleshooting various applications, Linux systems, and LAN/WAN issues
- Experience with major VOIP protocols: SIP and MGCP knowledge preferred but not required
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, Morning, Afternoon, or Night shift
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.