3500.0019 - Public Relations Manager
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Marketing
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Public Relations Manager
Job ID #: 3500 .0019
8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), a leading cloud communications and business VoIP telephony provider to SMBs, is seeking a highly driven, technology-savvy Public Relations Manager to drive positive awareness of the company and its award winning business communications services, We are leading the shift to cloud communications with a compelling Suite of patented voice, video and mobile solutions that have been recognized by prominent industry analysts at Gartner, Frost & Sullivan, Infonetics and Synergy Research.
This is a hands-on role with a strong emphasis on proactive media outreach directed at business, financial and industry reporters and bloggers. Proven experience and strong relationships with top tier media along with creativity, innovative thinking, problem solving skills, strong story creation abilities and a strategic focus are essential. Outstanding written and verbal communications skills along with a keen sense of organization, time management and attention to detail are also essential. Knowledge of cloud-based, SaaS technologies is a definite plus. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Manage 8x8's media relations program to generate business to business, financial, industry and blog coverage; must be skilled at proactively pitching media around corporate and product news, industry and market trends and thought leadership
- Develop public relations campaigns to support key initiatives such as product launches and thought leadership campaigns; initiate media activities related to the company's presence at speaking opportunities, industry conferences and events
- Research, write and/or edit press materials, including press releases, pitches, fact sheets, press kits, Q&As, media alerts, briefing materials, speaking points, key messages, and presentations
- Work collaboratively with other members of the marketing, product and engineering teams to create and broadcast relevant and timely news
- Maintain a press release and editorial calendar schedule
- Manage media database/lists and online newsroom
- Participate in PR planning and strategy development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area, such as Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or English
- 5+ years experience of public relations experience in a high tech corporate or agency environment
- Outstanding writing and media relations skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and hard-working, with strong problem solving, creative thinking and interpersonal skills
- Organized and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent computer knowledge/skills (MS Office, etc.)
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.