3600.0009 - Technical Writer
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Engineering
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Technical Writer
Job ID #: 3600 .0009
8x8 is looking for a strong Technical writer that can take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon to explain what they're trying to say. With a unique cross functional perspective, our team of technical writers are the key link between our engineers, marketing associates, customers, partners and developers who comprise the wide 8x8 ecosystem. As a Technical Writer, you juggle a variety of projects, from reading specifications, using product and writing product documentation, to updating FAQs, to drafting product announcements.
As an Enterprise Technical Writer, you'll be a key contributor to the success of 8x8’s cloud based communication services —a market leader in Small and Medium Business customers . You’ll be responsible for editing, writing, and publishing a range of communications, including product documentation, technical articles, incident reports, customer communications, newsletters, and page copy for our support sites. The range and deadlines of assignments varies and some projects require fast turnaround. This position requires all levels for editing from developmental edit to rewrite to copyedit. In this job, you'll work both independently and as part of writing, product development and support teams, confidently managing a variety of interests while interacting with product managers, engineering, support teams. We look for talented writers who are quick to learn, embrace technology, and are excited to contribute to the user experience.
- Write, publish and maintain high-quality documentation and online content, and ensure material is accessible to users
- Edit and write communications for customers and partners. Edit documentation and web pages for clarity, organization, and effectiveness
- Manage the production, publishing, and localization hand-off of your documentation.
- Provide copyediting support to other groups
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development, from product planning through product release. Provide constructive feedback and guide the work of authors to improve their writing skills
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 8 years relevant work experience).
- 3 years of experience writing technical documentation in a production environment.
- 5 years of relevant experience in technical editing, product documentation, communications, or technical blogging.
- Copyediting and substantive editing skills.
- Experience with writing for the Mobile and Desktop web and working with HTML
- Proven teamwork skills and flexibility.
- Experience writing for networking, email, or security systems products is a good to have.
- Ability to write in a range of styles and tones, from highly technical to conversational prose
Please apply by clicking the link provided. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please specify the title of the role you are interested in being considered for.
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.