PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Engineering
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Technical Writer
Job ID #: 3600 .0009
8x8 is looking for a strong Technical writer that can take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon to explain what they're trying to say. With a unique cross functional perspective, our team of technical writers are the key link between our engineers, marketing associates, customers, partners and developers who comprise the wide 8x8 ecosystem. As a Technical Writer, you juggle a variety of projects, from reading specifications, using product and writing product documentation, to updating FAQs, to drafting product announcements.
As an Enterprise Technical Writer, you'll be a key contributor to the success of 8x8’s cloud based communication services —a market leader in Small and Medium Business customers . You’ll be responsible for editing, writing, and publishing a range of communications, including product documentation, technical articles, incident reports, customer communications, newsletters, and page copy for our support sites. The range and deadlines of assignments varies and some projects require fast turnaround. This position requires all levels for editing from developmental edit to rewrite to copyedit. In this job, you'll work both independently and as part of writing, product development and support teams, confidently managing a variety of interests while interacting with product managers, engineering, support teams. We look for talented writers who are quick to learn, embrace technology, and are excited to contribute to the user experience.
- Write, publish and maintain high-quality documentation and online help systems to help customers use 8x8 products.
- Provide on-time technical software documentation of all types including User Guides, Administration Guides, Troubleshooting documentation, Concepts Guides, Release Notes, and other technical documents for 8x8 products.
- Edit and write communications for customers and partners. Edit documentation and web pages for clarity, organization, and effectiveness
- Manage the production, publishing, and localization hand-off of your documentation.
- Provide copyediting support to other groups
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development, from product planning through product release. Provide constructive feedback and guide the work of authors to improve their writing skills