3500.0021 - Web Graphic Designer / Developer
- San Jose, CA
8x8 (Nasdaq: EGHT) was selected by Forbes as the 10th best performing stock, 8x8 ranked No. 10 on the Forbes list of 20 Fast Growing Tech Stars. Additionally Forbes selected 8x8 the 23rd best small company based on Growth and Financial Performance, 8x8 Ranks 23rd on Top 100 List and 10th on List of Fast Growing Tech Stars.
8x8 is the one connection businesses need to experience the unique capabilities of advanced VoIP communications. We offer voice, video, mobile and unified communications solutions for small-to medium businesses and distributed enterprises. Our business services integrate advanced phone services, contact center solutions, web conferencing, powerful online productivity tools and flexible service plans. 8x8 services are affordable as well as easy to setup and use.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Marketing
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Web Graphic Designer / Developer
Job ID #: 3500 .0021
Are you an extremely creative web graphic designer and developer? Do you add amazing ideas and stunning visual execution to every project you touch? 8x8 is looking for both beauty and brains--beautiful design backed up by practical technical chops. We need a web designer / developer with strong experience in graphics, layout, scripting and programming.
In this role, you’ll work with our marketing communications team on a variety of fun and creative projects such as:
- Landing pages using industry best practices
- Web pages and their supporting graphics and icons
- Web banners and ads
- Emails, newsletters and promotional materials
- Supporting graphics tor social media
- Wireframes and user experience design
- Video editing using Captivate or Final Cut Pro
- You're self-motivated, proactive, and hardworking, with strong problem-solving, creative thinking and interpersonal skills
- You can communicate effectively with both technical and business team members
- You keep up with the latest design trends and bring that creative cutting edge to everything you do
- You're up to speed on the latest web technologies
- You take pride in your attention to detail
- You're organized and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Minimum of 5 years of web design, graphic design and development experience
- Very strong design sense and design skills with a user experience focus
- Well-versed in graphics creation with Photoshop, Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Suite), also multimedia creation with Flash, ActionScript, WordPress.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Front-end and some backend development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with social media and email marketing.
- Familiarity with responsive design and mobile design is a plus
- Video editing experience a big plus
- BS/BA in graphic design or a visual arts program a plus
- Strong portfolio/links to previous work
To apply, please click the link provided. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.