5100.0025 - Sr. Operations Support Engineer (DevOps)
- San Jose, CA
8x8 (Nasdaq: EGHT) was selected by Forbes as the 10th best performing stock, 8x8 ranked No. 10 on the Forbes list of 20 Fast Growing Tech Stars. Additionally Forbes selected 8x8 the 23rd best small company based on Growth and Financial Performance, 8x8 Ranks 23rd on Top 100 List and 10th on List of Fast Growing Tech Stars.
8x8 is the one connection businesses need to experience the unique capabilities of advanced VoIP communications. We offer voice, video, mobile and unified communications solutions for small-to medium businesses and distributed enterprises. Our business services integrate advanced phone services, contact center solutions, web conferencing, powerful online productivity tools and flexible service plans. 8x8 services are affordable as well as easy to setup and use.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Network Operations
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Sr. Operations Support Engineer
Job ID #: 5100 .0025
The Senior Operations Support Engineer provides Operations product support for the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center (VCC) application. This position is responsible for the creation, managing and resolution of change requests and production issues escalated from the 8x8, Inc. Technical Support Group while meeting response and resolution service level agreements. The Senior Operations Support Engineer will be largely responsible for supporting initial application deployments, infrastructure upgrades, software upgrades, patching, and ongoing support for this mission critical 24x7 hosted application. This position troubleshoots, answers technical support escalations, and implements fixes or workarounds for application problems on a daily basis. The position also creates and maintains documentation for supported applications and must be prepared to become a subject matter expert on networking and infrastructure issues. This person relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of tasks while working under minimal supervision. A high degree of creativity and operational discipline is required.
- Provide internal application support for a wide variety of clustered systems, stand alone servers, applications, batch processes, bad balancers, various network LAN/ WAN devices, batch processes, and databases
- Write, review, and execute complex Intervention Plans with strict Change Control Management
- Maintain, deploy, and support monitoring systems (nagios, cacti, argus)
- Identify new monitoring metrics and develop scripts to monitor
- Monitor all systems for failures
- Develop scripts/web-tools for automating Operations and customer support common issues and procedures (tools to improve first-call resolution, etc)
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases within SLAs and provide up-to-date details on each.
- Respond to emergency operational needs which will require after hours support.
- Provide documentation for workarounds and file bugs for detected application issues.
- Participate in scheduled maintenances and System upgrades
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Provide on-call pager support during off-hours as needed
- Follow prescribed procedures and document all work performed in the ticket system.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other company personnel by training and documentation.
- Must be prepared to become the knowledge expert around infrastructure and systems
This position requires the individual to have the following skill sets:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or
- 10+ years experience in Computer operations, production control or other IT related field • Experience with software application support
- Must possess a keen technical mind capable of quickly learning new skills and tools
- Expert-level Knowledge of Linux (Redhat4+) operating systems is a must.
- Expert-level Knowledge of Apache and MySQL required
- Utilitarian Knowledge of scripting languages is mandatory (flexible on language)
- Capability of designing tools using LAMP/Perl/etc.
- Redhat Kickstart Automation (PXE)
- Systems Hardening
- Enterprise Virtualization, particularly VMware clusters
- Expert-level Knowledge of networking technologies:
- TCP/IP (IP4 required, IPv6 desired)
- Routing protocols: BGP and OSPF
- SMB/Mid-market routers and firewalls • Multi-Layer Switching Technologies
- Storage - FC, NFS, iSCSI
- Network/Systems Engineering utilizing the following technologies
- Cisco Access-Layer Switches
- Cisco Core Switching
- Juniper/Netscreen Firewalls
-Citrix Netscaler or competing technology
- Familiarity with Windows 7 and Windows XP troubleshooting
- Familiarity with web browser technologies particularly Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- SIP expertise (Signaling, Codecs, RTP)
- Position requires some travel to/from datacenters, customer sites, airports, etc. (use of company vehicle may be allowed for work-related requirements)
- Candidate must have a valid active California Driver's License
- Excellent application support and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to regularly produce accurate and professional work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to research and suggest innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team or as an individual contributor.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates exceptional capacity for taking ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) market and application delivery with proven experience
To apply, please click the link provided. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.