5100.0024 - Operations Support Engineer
- San Jose, CA
8x8 (Nasdaq: EGHT) was selected by Forbes as the 10th best performing stock, 8x8 ranked No. 10 on the Forbes list of 20 Fast Growing Tech Stars. Additionally Forbes selected 8x8 the 23rd best small company based on Growth and Financial Performance, 8x8 Ranks 23rd on Top 100 List and 10th on List of Fast Growing Tech Stars.
8x8 is the one connection businesses need to experience the unique capabilities of advanced VoIP communications. We offer voice, video, mobile and unified communications solutions for small-to medium businesses and distributed enterprises. Our business services integrate advanced phone services, contact center solutions, web conferencing, powerful online productivity tools and flexible service plans. 8x8 services are affordable as well as easy to setup and use.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Network Operations
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Operations Support Engineer
Job ID #: 5100 .0024
The Operations Support Engineer provides Operations product support for the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center (VCC) application. This position is responsible for the creation, managing and resolution of change requests and production issues escalated from the 8x8, Inc. Technical Support Group while meeting response and resolution service level agreements. The Operations Support Engineer will be involved in initial application deployments, upgrades, patching, and ongoing support. The position troubleshoots customer issues, answers technical support escalations and implements fixes and workarounds for application problems on a daily basis. The position also creates and maintains documentation for supported applications as well as escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources and/or teammates. The individual must build a base of specific application based experience and use good judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The position performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision. A high degree of latitude is given to those proven to execute plans well.
- Provide internal application support for a wide variety of clustered systems, stand alone servers, applications, batch processes, load balancers, various network LAN/WAN devices, batch processes, and databases.
- Maintain, deploy, and support monitoring systems (nagios, cacti, argus)
- Monitor all systems for failures
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases within SLAs and provide up-to-date details on each.
- Respond to emergency operational needs which will require after hours support.
- Provide documentation for workarounds and file bugs for detected application issues.
- Participate in scheduled maintenances and system upgrades
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Provide on-call pager support during off-hours as needed
- Follow prescribed procedures and document all work performed in the ticket system.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other company personnel by training and documentation.
This position requires the individual to have the following skill sets:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or
- 3 to 5 years experience in computer operations, production control or other IT related field
- Experience with software application support
- Must possess a keen technical mind capable of quickly learning new skills and tools
- Knowledge of Linux (Redhat4+) operating systems is a must.
- Knowledge of Apache and MySQL required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Virtualization, particularly VMware clusters desired
- Knowledge of scripting languages strongly desired
- Knowledge of networking technologies:
- TCP/IP (IPv4 required, IPv6 desired)
- SMB/Mid-market routers and firewalls
- Multi-Layer Switching Technologies
- Storage - FC, NFS, iSCSI
- Administrative experience desired in the following vendors' networking equipment
- Cisco Routers and Switches (non-Linksys)
- Juniper/Netscreen Firewalls or competing technology
-Citrix Load Balancers or competing technology
- Familiarity with Windows 7 and Windows XP troubleshooting
- Familiarity with web browser technologies particularly Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- SIP Troubleshooting Experience (Signaling, Codecs, RTP)
- Previous NOC/Ops experience
- Position requires some travel to/from datacenters, customer sites, airports, etc. (use of company vehicle may be allowed for work-related requirements)
- Candidate must have a valid active California Driver's License
- Excellent application support and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to regularly produce accurate and professional work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to research and suggest innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team or as an individual contributor.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates exceptional capacity for taking ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) market and application delivery
To apply, please click the link provided. If the link does not work, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.