2655.0080 - Deployment Project Manager
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
At 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT) customers matter. We want to create long-lasting customer relationships and work with them to provide the best communications solutions to support their success. It starts with our innovative services and compelling prices to our quality, reliability, and proven performance. 8x8 has a proven track record of delivering great technology. From chips to systems to services, our commitment to innovation has enabled us to develop breakthrough technologies that change the communications landscape.
The Deployment Manager is responsible for providing a successful implementation experience for 8x8 customers. The DM works with the customer, 8x8 provisioning teams and external partners, to define and coordinate all aspects of the implementation. The scope of a project includes defining roles and responsibilities, managing through dependencies, and hitting milestones on time. This includes working with pre and post-sales engineers, Mid-Market Technical Account Managers, number porting specialists Sales executives and 3rd party vendors to ensure end to end management of the project, from the initial scope, to the final provisioning of services, including product training. As a successful DM, you will develop and build healthy relationships with 8x8 customers, partners and vendors, to promote new and ongoing business opportunities.
8x8 Deployment Managers work with Sales and On-boarding leadership to forecast project needs, and to ensure appropriate resources are available throughout deployment. Each new project will be tracked from the beginning, through to key milestone dates, until all products and services are provisioned and configured to the customer's satisfaction.
The Deployment Manager will:
- Lead key project meetings with the customer and project stakeholders to gather requirements, design an appropriate solution, and present the complete project plan
- Act as a primary point of contact throughout the project implementation
- Generate and maintain documentation that supports the collection, management, and reporting of all project related information
- Develop, document and distribute contingency plans for critical events
- Provide regular updates and keep project stakeholders informed throughout the project
- Work with customers face-to-face or via telephone attending on-site meetings when necessary
- Maintain constant communication with the customer, identify potential issues in advance, and drive appropriate solutions
- Follow up with the customer, ensuring that all products and services are delivered on time, and are working as intended
- Serve as liaison between customers, partners, 8x8 operations, and on-site support service vendors
- Manage the scheduled activities of the deployment staff, reviewing and evaluating their work according to the project requirements
- Respond promptly to all customer communication, providing the best possible service experie
- BS/BA in engineering, telecommunications or similar field preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience in a telecommunications, technology, or IT field
- 5+ years experience in project management
- Proven ability to work with teams of professionals with diverse technical and business backgrounds
- Ability to plan and manage logistics involving multiple teams
- Superior technical and business problem-solving skills
- Experience interfacing with business clients, support groups and 3rd parties
- Proven experience working with project management techniques and tools
- General working knowledge of VoIP and Network technologies
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that include the ability to respond to changing needs and shifting priorities while minimizing project impact
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.