2405.0114 - Senior Analyst, Support Systems and Technology
- San Jose, CA
8x8 (Nasdaq: EGHT) was selected by Forbes as the 10th best performing stock, 8x8 ranked No. 10 on the Forbes list of 20 Fast Growing Tech Stars. Additionally Forbes selected 8x8 the 23rd best small company based on Growth and Financial Performance, 8x8 Ranks 23rd on Top 100 List and 10th on List of Fast Growing Tech Stars.
8x8 is the one connection businesses need to experience the unique capabilities of advanced VoIP communications. We offer voice, video, mobile and unified communications solutions for small-to medium businesses and distributed enterprises. Our business services integrate advanced phone services, contact center solutions, web conferencing, powerful online productivity tools and flexible service plans. 8x8 services are affordable as well as easy to setup and use.
Modified Job Posting - Was Program Manager, Systems and Technology
Reporting to the Director of Support Operations, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for driving Improvements in the systems and technology used by the 8x8 Customer Support department and its partners. Responsibilities will include assessing the current systems and technology, making recommendations, producing functional requirements, managing projects and working with Engineering to deliver systems and technology solutions to the organization. These include the case management platform, diagnostic tools, resources to allow support personnel to makes changes to customer accounts or services, the technologies that deliver customer contacts to support agents (phone, chat, email) and any other systems or technologies that support personnel use to do their jobs. The goals of the position are to enhance workflow efficiency and flexibility, facilitate consistency of service and adherence to policies, gather actionable data to drive process or product improvements and provide users with systems and technologies that are easy to understand and use.
This person will interact with other members of the Support Operations team, the Customer Success and Support (CSS) management team, Engineering and other functional groups at 8x8 to deliver solutions rapidly, provide proper integration between systems, set expectations and timelines, ensure that users are trained and measure system effectiveness. The Senior Analyst must be able to prioritize projects based on business needs, taking various system and process dependencies into account.
- Inventory current systems and technologies used by Support; assess usability, performance and suitability for use by various user types.
- Track requests for functionality changes and work with Customer Experience Team to create projects based on support initiatives and logical groups of functionality.
- Taking support initiatives into account, identify technology and functionality gaps, research suitable solutions and vendors and make recommendations.
- Work with Engineering, Support teams and the Training department to arrive at agreed upon timelines to complete technology initiatives.
- Manage projects to deploy new functionality or technology for the Support organization.
- Work with the Training Department to ensure that appropriate training sessions or job aids are available to support smooth adaptation to changes in systems or technology.
- Develop methods and metrics to evaluate effectiveness of deployed solutions.
- Track project management performance, including assessing level of effort estimates against
- Maintain user permission, pick list values and other data that controls application behavior in the 8x8 case management system.
- Implement changes to IVR programming to alter call flow as needed for holidays, to address outages, to announce special programs or to accommodate changes in the business.
- Strong background in Support Operations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at developing and implementing programs comprised of several projects to support business initiatives.
- Strong project management and system analysis skills for implementing support systems and technology.
- Experience selecting and managing technology vendors.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
- Enjoy working both independently and within small project teams.
- Ability to understand and evaluate a variety of technologies and platforms.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle methodologies such as Agile for implementing systems and technology.
- Ability to analyze business processes and develop a practical and useful system to support them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience deploying applications and technology with proven results in efficiency gains, automation, gathering accurate data and improving worker experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience with proven ability to deliver on time and within budget.
- Experience with all stages of the product development life cycle, from requirement gathering to release.
- Experience designing user interfaces and conducting usability studies.
- Experience in database design and web applications will be a plus
To apply, please click the link provided. If the link does not work, send your resume to email@example.com and specify the job title in your email.
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.