2405.0114 - Senior Analyst, Support Systems and Technology
- San Jose, CA
About 8x8, Inc.
8x8 (Nasdaq: EGHT) was selected by Forbes as the 10th best performing stock, 8x8 ranked No. 10 on the Forbes list of 20 Fast Growing Tech Stars. Additionally Forbes selected 8x8 the 23rd best small company based on Growth and Financial Performance, 8x8 Ranks 23rd on Top 100 List and 10th on List of Fast Growing Tech Stars.
8x8 is the one connection businesses need to experience the unique capabilities of advanced VoIP communications. We offer voice, video, mobile and unified communications solutions for small-to medium businesses and distributed enterprises. Our business services integrate advanced phone services, contact center solutions, web conferencing, powerful online productivity tools and flexible service plans. 8x8 services are affordable as well as easy to setup and use.
PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Customer Success & Support
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Senior Analyst, Support Systems and Technology
Job ID #: 2405.0114
Reporting to the Manager of Support Performance Management, this Senior Analyst will be responsible for driving improvements in the systems, tools and technology used by the 8x8 Customer Success and Support (CSS) department. Responsibilities will include addressing the functional gaps in the current systems and technology available to fulfill the operational and customer experience goals of the department. The Senior Analyst is expected to have an excellent grasp of the process and information requirements of the CSS team in order to develop an effective system and technology roadmap. Lastly, he/she is expected to develop clear functional requirements and work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to prioritize and complete development and enhancement of defined system functions.
This person will primarily interact with other members of the Support Operations team, the Customer Success and Support (CSS) management team, Product Management, and Engineering at 8x8 to deliver solutions rapidly, provide proper integration between systems, set expectations and timelines, ensure that users are trained and measure system effectiveness. The Senior Analyst must be able to prioritize projects based on business needs, taking various system and process dependencies into account.
- Define and drive the CSS systems and technology roadmap that will best enable operational efficiency.
- Set-up a requirement request, assessment and delivery mechanism to prioritize and deliver system and technology requirements from the CSS teams.
- Manage projects to deploy new functionality or technology for the Support organization. This includes identification of technology and functionality gaps, assessment of suitable solutions and vendors, project management and coordination, and measurement of technology effectiveness.
- Track project management performance, including assessing level of effort estimates against actuals, adherence to timelines and comparing forecasted costs to actuals.
- Monitor and test the system in operation and troubleshoot problems after implementation.
- Assess the costs and benefits of system improvements to determine whether the money spent will be sufficiently offset by gains in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for CSS system configuration and administration.
- Be the primary point of contact for all CSS systems and technology questions and issues.
- Strong background in CRM, Case Management systems, reporting systems, business intelligence
- Customer-centric and familiar with customer support operations.
- Ability to analyze and understand business processes and information flow.
- Demonstrate effectiveness at developing and implementing programs comprised of several projects to support business initiatives.
- Strong project management and system analysis skills for implementing multiple support systems and technology.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle methodologies for implementing systems and technology.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
- Collaborative and follows through on commitments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience deploying applications and technology with proven results in efficiency gains, automation, gathering accurate data and improving worker experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience with proven ability to deliver on time and within budget.
- Experience in database design and web applications.
- Experience with all stages of the product development life cycle, from requirement gathering to release.
- Experience designing user interfaces and conducting usability studies.
To apply, please click the link provided. If the link does not work, send your resume to email@example.com and specify the job title in your email.
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.