Marketing & Communication Specialist
- Lakeland, TN
A2H currently employs more than 70 professionals, including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors who are supported by a strong compliment of technical and administrative staff. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with branch offices in Jackson and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford, Mississippi. Instrumental to the success and growth of A2H is the fact that we recognize that each client has unique needs. We tailor our services for each project to meet the client’s specific project goals and requirements.
A2H offers long term career growth opportunities with a competitive salary and generous benefits in a family oriented work environment. We provide a collaborative atmosphere of trust, quality, and excellence that rewards individuals with freedom and responsibility.
At A2H we strive to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community”. If you would like to join in our efforts, please submit your resume for consideration.
Our firm’s culture is as unique as our services, with a communal attitude that inspires a sense of obligation to pursue the highest quality in every endeavor. The atmosphere at A2H has a diverse mix of talents, shared beliefs, and a strong mutual respect that empowers all employees. We are a company built on a culture of quality and collaboration, and we realize that people are undoubtedly our greatest asset. Below is an example of the perks our employees enjoy.
- Work Schedule: At A2H our office is open from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, with everyone working half-day on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. The company also provides breakfast biscuits each Friday morning.
- Fun Friday: On the last Friday of each month, the company provides a catered lunch and free chair massages for everyone that’s interested.
- Drawings: Tickets are regularly given away to a wide variety of events including: The Memphis Symphony, Playhouse on the Square, The Orpheum, Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Redbirds, Memphis Zoo events and more.
- Outings: Throughout the year, the company participates in several unique outings, including: a night at the Levitt Shell, the Duncan Williams Dragon Boat Races and an employee golf tournament.
- Art Shows & Concerts: A2H host regular arts shows and concerts in our gallery space at the Lakeland office. It provides an opportunity to experience local artists and performers in an intimate setting. Employees are invited to each event and encouraged to invite potential clients.
A2H is looking to fill a full-time position for a Marketing & Communication Specialist in our Lakeland, TN office. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and works regularly with the firm's Business Development and Executive Leadership staff.
The firm is looking for candidates:
- With excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Who are self-disciplined and confident in a deadline-driven, multi-tasked environment.
- Who works well under pressure
- Who desires to connect the vision of the company and his/her job
- Who are fluent in spoken and written English
- With ability for strategic thinking and creative, effective business writing (a must)
- Who are passionate about the client or pursuit
- Execute marketing activities
- Write resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, etc.
- Work with technical staff to develop proposal sections and scopes of work
- Write press releases and articles
- Update social media information
- Coordinate specialized consultants & vendors (photographers, PR, caterers etc.)
- Plan and coordinate after-hours/weekend/special events (Concerts, Art Shows, Conferences, etc.)
- Occasional travel to attend regional tradeshows & conferences
- Occasional day trips to branch offices in Nashville & Jackson, TN and Oxford, MS
- Research target markets & clients
- Develop email marketing campains
- Files/archives marketing materials – proposals, pre-quals, articles, ads, photos, etc.
- Coordinate and maintain company website content
- Coordinate development of brochures and data sheets
- Coordinate production of mailers
- Coordinate development of other misc. marketing materials
- Maintain on-going program for updates of CRM database.
- Develop award submittals
- Proficient with the following word processing software:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient with the following desktop publishing software:
- Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro
- Superb organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures
- Understanding of basic marketing and communication principles
- Two to five years of relevant Architecture/Engineering/Construction Industry experience preferred, or related experience in the B2B Professional Services Industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Public Relations or related field
Candidates chosen to advance in the selection process will be asked to provide:
- Portfolio of work samples
- Writing samples
If selected for an interview, cadidates will be asked to take a brief skills test as well.