- Vancouver, Canada
A & A Contract Customs Brokers Ltd. is a full-service international logistics company specializing in customs brokerage, freight forwarding, and warehousing services.
Being part of our team means sharing in our excitement about cross border trade, customs, freight and warehousing. Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn and grow in the logistics industry.
We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the General Manager of A & A Contract Customs
Brokers will be the driver in the successful execution of overall corporate strategies and the delivery of
target growth, profit and operating objectives.
Direct reports to the General Manager include the Director of Marketing and Sales, the Director of Operations, the Director of Human Resources, the Director of IT and the Director of Finance.
The General Manager must have a combination of leadership, strategic focus and business acumen skills plus the executive stability/maturity to steer the organization to achieve its goals. This individual must be extremely results oriented.
This individual will:
• Manage top line growth and bottom line profitability while increasing long-term value of the company.
Utilize strong leadership and interpersonal skills to improve overall company performance.
Oversee development of appropriate current and longer-range objectives for the company and ensure that necessary operating plans, programs, budgets, policies and resource plans are in place to achieve objectives.
Continuously monitor execution of plans and related programs to ensure that they remain effective and integral to success. Provide updates on a routine basis to the CEO.
• Execute the overall strategic direction of the company (in conjunction with the senior leadership team and under the guidance of the CEO).
Drive the A & A expansion strategy
• Be strongly committed to the A & A organizational and business values.
Drive a culture of customer focus and service
Drive the right behaviors throughout the organization
• Drive customer focus and responsiveness both strategically and tactically.
Build strong customer relationships
• Promote the full line of A & A’s products and services (e.g., brokerage, freight forwarding)
Manage/deliver the appropriate mix
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization
Strive for operational excellence
• In conjunction with the CEO, procure and continually promote industry and technology knowledge
• Implement an A & A organizational model aligned with the effective execution of the Strategic Plan
• Enable and support the personal/professional growth and development of all direct reports.
Promote career development and succession planning throughout the organization.
Provide appropriate level of coaching and mentoring
• Routinely assess risk to the company. Develop/implement the appropriate risk mitigation
• Present the company in a positive light to employees, customers, suppliers and the community at
large. Represent the company on all levels.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
The A & A General Manager must have a minimum of fifteen-plus years of progressive and relevant
business experience with a successful track record. An undergraduate degree in marketing/sales,
business, operations or a related field is required. A business degree is preferred. The General Manager
will possess a high level of personal and professional integrity and the ability to build and motivate a team
to achieve common goals and objectives. The General Manager’s personal values must be consistent
with those of A & A Contract Customs Brokers.
Other qualities should include:
• Ability to work in a collaborative leadership model with the A & A CEO and associated business
• Stature, presence, energy and credibility with A & A employees as well as customers, suppliers
• Demonstrated ability as a leader and excellent communicator.
• Ability to convey the strategic and operational Vision to the employees of A & A.
• Extraordinary business judgment and insight (i.e., business acumen).
• Ability to elicit and understand business goals and objectives.
• Integrity, intelligence, good judgment and effective decision-making abilities.
• Be intellectually resourceful.
• Ability to effectively influence others as well as champion and implement ideas.
• The ability to develop successful teams.
• Demonstrated recognition and concern for others.
• Industry/technology knowledge.
At A & A we offer our staff a competitive compensation package, company contributed RRSP program,
full-range of group insurance benefits, relaxed work atmosphere, a tuition reimbursement program, a supportive work environment, and lots of opportunity for growth and development.
How we differ from other companies, staff tell us:
“A & A Contract Customs Brokers cares for its clients. We strive to go above and beyond”.
“We are a company whose core values are integrity and customer service”.