Experienced Customs Clearance Coordinator
- 120 176 St, Surrey, BC V3S 9S2, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Do you enjoy working with a group of people who like to work hard and have fun while doing it?
Then A & A is for you.
We are an international logistics company specializing in customs brokerage. Being part of our team means sharing in our excitement about logistics.
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow, and play an integral part in our business growth and successes. We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer.
We are a values-based organization and a dedicated group of professionals who value teamwork, learning and development, and innovation. We take a great deal of pride in developing long term relationships and in supporting our community and our environment.
Our Canadian office is excited to have full-time and part-time Customs Clearance Coordinators join their team! The successful candidates will work our daytime shifts between 8:30 am - 5:00 pm PDT and as members of the customs release team, you will need to be proficient in all areas of customs including air, ocean, highways, and lumber. The successful candidates will need to be able to work with a high level of accuracy and independence during their shift. This role will have the opportunity to work from home, giving you the flexibility to work from anywhere!
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling general inquiries professionally (internally and externally) over the phone, in person, or through email
- Review documentation and prepare customs release entries for processing
- Communicate with customers to clear shipments, close entries, provide updates, and resolve paperwork issues and customs holds
- Handle and resolve difficult or challenging situations while maintaining first class service to all internal and external customers
- Maintain strong knowledge of all ports and warehouses across the USA and Canada
- Assign correct tariff classifications
- Assist in ensuring that all entries are released, classified and billed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that U.S. and Canadian customs regulations are adhered to when completing import and export documents to facilitate the movement of cross-border shipments.
- Other duties as required
- Training on company systems such as AREV, Google Suite, Slack, emails, ADP
- Learn the A & A core values
- Be able to update ADP independently
- Attend and participate in weekly company huddles
- Able to complete entries independently
- Understanding and ability to navigate our various company programs
- Build a bond with team members
- Gain familiarity with customers and their processes
- Understanding of team abilities and ability to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses
- Where needed, coaching of other team members
- Be familiar with and understand team standard operating procedures
- Transmit over 500 files per month
- Load new shipments - over 20 files per month
- Respond to emails within 30 mins or less
- Keep error rate below 2%
- Minimum 2-5 years of customs brokerage experience in all areas (air, ocean, lumber and highways)
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation and Licensed Customs Broker (LCB) preferred
- High work standards, high level of accuracy
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines
- Works well independently
- Strong customer service orientation
- Quick learner and a desire to learn
- Results driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- There are potentially two full-time positions and 1 part-time position available to work during the day. The schedules will be Monday through Friday but may change based on business needs.
- These positions will be remote, giving you the flexibility to work from anywhere!
This position is located in beautiful Surrey, BC.
We offer a competitive salary, medical benefits, RRSP with employer matching, tuition reimbursement programs, professional training, and paid time off.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that we are not accessible by public transit.