- 50 Washington St, Westborough, MA 01581, USA
AAFCPAs is the premier CPA and consulting firm based in New England and considered an attractive alternative to national CPA firms by discerning clients who appreciate exceptional value. We provide audit, tax, accounting, and advisory solutions to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, and wealthy individuals/estates. Since 1973, our sincere approach to business and service excellence has built a thriving 220+ member firm driven by our altruistic mission to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for all our constituents. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations.
AAFCPAs is investing in tax leadership to begin the decade of the 20s strengthening the firm's tax practice as one of its three core pillars along with audit and consulting. The tax practice is critical to the success of the firm’s aggressive growth strategies and the firm is poised for tremendous growth.
AAFCPAs is in search for an inspirational leader of our firm’s growing Tax practice. This dynamic motivator of people may be an Attorney or a CPA Partner and is able to oversee and/or provide thought leadership in corporate and individual tax compliance as well as advisory. The ideal candidate will bring high energy, creative ideas, and an entrepreneurial spirit to our firm who is investing in building our tax practice with impactful consulting. This person wants to make a difference with their work career and takes great pleasure in growing and leading a team by example to be known for excellence in client service. This go-getter will collaborate with other Partners and oversee the tax team’s training and development and empower tax team members to grow in overall excellence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR AREAS OF OVERSIGHT:
- Lead and mentor tax professionals at all levels to meet the objectives of the practice as well as individual professional development goals, providing constructive feedback
- Meet with clients to assess their current needs and propose solutions
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships to become their most trusted business advisor
- Keep up-to-date on current tax procedures and changes in tax regulations/laws
- Actively lead and participate in internal and external tax trainings
- Plan and manage budgets, billing, and staffing
- Manage engagements effectively to ensure exceptional client service along with profitability.
- Develop, supervise and delegate assignments to tax managers, seniors, and staff accountants.
- Review complex tax returns and associated workpapers prepared by staff, senior and managers and provide timely, specific and meaningful feedback
- Identify new client, business development opportunities, and strategic growth initiatives
- Success leading, motivating, and inspiring a team of diverse people
- 10+ years of public accounting tax experience - preparing and reviewing all types of tax returns and providing tax advice
- Experience with corporate tax, including international and M&A
- Understanding of complex organizational structures
- Proven excellence in client service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities including high-level client work
- CPA License
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax or JD
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Generous PTO and comprehensive benefits package
- Ability to lead a growing tax team positively impacting each team member
- Positively impact nonprofits through the firm’s 10% Giving Initiative
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.