Bookkeeper - Small Business Specialist - Part-time (Flexibility for remote work)
- 50 Washington St, Westborough, MA 01581, USA
AAFCPAs is the premier CPA and consulting firm based in New England and considered an attractive alternative to national CPA firms by discerning clients who appreciate exceptional value. We provide audit, tax, and advisory solutions to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, and wealthy individuals/estates. Since 1973, our sincere approach to business and service excellence has built a thriving 200+ member firm driven by our altruistic mission to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for all constituents: employees, clients, and communities. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the fourth largest CPA firm association in the world. This provides our clients with seamless national and global coverage, along with an advantageous pay-as-you-use model.
We are seeking a part-time full charge bookkeeper to join our tax practice. The successful candidate will have the ability to either create an accurate set of books from clients’ records or review the client’s company financials and make appropriate adjustments to ensure tax filings can be prepared correctly. The main responsibilities for the bookkeeper are as follows:
- Perform accounting tasks, through Trial Balance, for a variety of clients and businesses utilizing clients' records.
- Demonstrate general professional knowledge and precise technical skills.
- Meet commitments to clients and other team members.
- Demonstrate and maintains basic tax awareness in all areas, including personal and business income, payroll, sales, and other taxes.
- Demonstrate and maintain accounting knowledge and techniques including awareness and understanding of all professional standards.
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Must be expert in QuickBooks both Online and Desktop version.
- At least 5 years of accounting/bookkeeping and payroll experience
- Strong organizational skills using automation – MS Office suite, paperless work papers, time entry system, tax return software, QuickBooks, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.