Coordinator, Philanthropic Advising Services
- NY-25, New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector’s connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT: Programs and Philanthropic Advising
REPORTS TO: Director, Philanthropic Advising Services
LAST UPDATED: March 2022
SALARY RANGE: $48,000 -$53,000.00/year
The ABFE Coordinator, Philanthropic Advising Services (PAS) provides critical support to ABFE’s intensive training and consultation activities designed to provide our clients with tools that can be implemented by philanthropic institutions and other clients, to mitigate racial inequities in grantmaking, policy development and systems-driven practices. It is an investment in creating the conditions within foundations, philanthropic-serving organizations, nonprofits, and amongst their respective trustees, for safe exploration and profound learning on issues related to racially equitable investment strategies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Coordinator duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting ABFE Philanthropic Advising Services (PAS) team to assist institutions to incorporate racial equity analyses and tools into their grantmaking practices through offering training opportunities and more extensive consultations for ABFE PAS clients;
• Support the development and facilitating trainings, webinars, and workshops and assist in developing virtual Philanthropic Advising Services content;
• Manage written and oral correspondence with potential and current clients;
• Attend, manage, and/or facilitate associated philanthropic pipeline and external relationships & meetings (EPIP, Google Next Gens, CHANGE Philanthropy).
• Support and Coordinate work with Programs staff as needed.
• Coordinate scheduling and logistics for in-person and workshops and meetings;
• Support data analysis of evaluations of the impact of racial equity trainings;
• Develop reports that capture monthly, quarterly and annual data on PAS activities, prospects; revenue; etc.
• Lead mapping, aggregation and archiving ABFE and sectoral resources, funds, personnel, and other organizations via regional and statewide analysis;
• Support the development of and updates of collateral materials for Philanthropic Advising Services;
• Works closely with administrative colleagues on scheduling of activities and events/logistics.
• Ability to work efficiently in a virtual work environment/home office.
• Managing associated technologies (Zoom, Salesforce; Asana; Sharepoint; social media, etc.) to support PAS programming deliverables;
• Ability to travel, as needed, for internal and external events and projects.
• An understanding of and commitment to ABFE’s mission, including fundamental knowledge of racial equity in practice. Exhibit an active passion for advocating for eliminating social policies and practices that lead to racial/ethnic and gender disparities and other societal disparities.
• Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success (virtual; in-office; shared/co-working space).
• Ability to work with a diverse constituency, including leaders in philanthropic organizations, non-profit organizations, institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, and state and local government while respecting staff and client confidentiality.
• Ability to prepare presentation materials and interact with senior-level executives.
• Proficient in using office or home office equipment, including phone systems; printer/copiers; Microsoft Outlook tools (Outlook; Word; Excel; etc.).
• Familiarity with or ability to learn organization-wide technologies (Zoom, Salesforce; Asana; Sharepoint; social media, etc.).
• Familiarity with database creation and data analysis.
• Moderate to advanced social media skills.
• Excellent writing, typing, oral communication, and research skills; fluent command of the English language required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience.
• Three years or more of administration and demonstrated experience with data analysis.
• Three years or more of nonprofit/philanthropic experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABFE is an at-will employer and may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
ABFE is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please include your resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.