- Edmonton, Canada
Our client is looking for a PL/SQL Developer for a 6 month contract in their Edmonton office.
The Developer will write queries to assist investigation of data issues and develop scripts to repair them.
• Writing SQL queries to extract data from an Oracle database, in order to investigate data issues
• Writing and testing PL/SQL scripts to repair the incorrect data
• Ensuring all deliverables meet client quality standards
• Working together with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business Analysts (BAs) and the data migration team to:
o query the database to identify and analyze affected data sets
o refine existing SQL queries to filter out unwanted data
o assist with root cause analysis of data issues, especially where an issue is caused by poor design and/or faulty code in the system
• Write ad hoc SQL queries to assist business staff with their reporting needs and investigations
• Help identify potential impacts to the data migration process and operations of the new system
• Help identify potential impacts to client business processes
• Work with QA resources to determine strategies for testing data repairs and provide technical assistance where needed
• Modify and debug existing Oracle views (including materialized views)
• Other assigned duties as requested by client
Must Have Skills:
1. Must be able to work independently.
2. Must have a good knowledge of Oracle databases, SQL query language, and reporting.
3. Ability to write complex SQL queries.
4. Ability to write Oracle DDL to create and alter tables and views.
5. Ability to develop and maintain PL/SQL code including packages, functions, procedures and anonymous blocks.
6. Experience working with Oracle materialized views would be an asset.
Only Canadian and PR holders need to apply.