Business Development Manager
- Toronto, Canada
The Company: A.K.A. is an award-winning, Toronto-based interactive, communications and technology agency that develops customized online and offline solutions for prominent companies and organizations across a range of industries, including the not-for-profit sector.
Solutions A.K.A. provides:
- Website Design & Development
- Digital Strategy
- Branding, Logo & Print Design
- Mobile Responsive Design
- Social Media Strategy & Execution
- Content Management Systems
- Search Engine Optimization
- Custom Software Development
- Online Fundraising
- Enews Campaign Strategy
Please visit www.akanewmedia.com to learn more.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Company: A.K.A. New Media Inc. (A.K.A.)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Start Date: Immediate
Position Status: Full-Time
The Opportunity: A.K.A. is seeking a Sales Professional to help introduce, promote and sell A.K.A.’s strategic, creative and technical services within targeted markets. This is salaried position with a performance component. Working in a fast-paced, highly-skilled team environment, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for increasing new business opportunities for the company.
The Role: In the role of Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and executing sales strategies to achieve revenue and profit goals through cold calling, lead generation, presentation and general marketing efforts. Must have enthusiasm for cold-calling, networking and establishing new relationships
- Real-time recording of sales activities in company CRM database
- Background research on prospective clients, their business/organization and their current communication strategy
- Support creating and improving sales and marketing materials (website, SEO, sell sheets, online advertising, etc.)
- Conducting qualification demonstrations (remote and in-person)
- Selling appropriate solutions through listening and learning about the customers’ needs and demonstrating how A.K.A. can satisfy them
- Creating a successful prospecting and selling strategy to effectively grow client base
- Client retention: maintaining successful relationships and grow revenues with current clients
- Conducting, preparing and attending industry conferences (1 or 2 per year)
- Finding, evaluating and responding to RFP’s
- Preparing reports and updates on prospect and sales activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in a sales/business development role
- Proven experience selling creative interactive services (website development) and complex solution selling
- Strong grasp of a sales methodology, while being a capable and confident closer
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Understanding of marketing principles, print design branding, website development and Internet technologies
- Inherent interest and understanding of Internet technologies (including social media/networking)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in the field of business, marketing, communications, arts or technology
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong team-working skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Motivated self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Demonstrated professional history of goal setting and achievement above and beyond expectations
- Good understanding of general web technologies, especially websites, e-mail, social networking tools and current Internet and user behavior trends.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly focused attention to detail
For more information, please visit www.akanewmedia.com
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "New Media Business Development Manager" in the subject line.
Only those short-listed will be contacted.
NO HEADHUNTERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.