Project Manager, Global Payroll and Benefits
- Boston, MA
Aadmi Consulting is providing recruitment support to a reputable university. Details of the client will be available during initial interview.
Our client is part of a world renowned higher education system. The client operates within the university to administer overseas operations, including research projects, student programs, and liaison offices. Beginning in 2013, the entity and its subsidiaries will employ approximately 40 expatriates in about 15 countries (on a U.S. payroll) and a growing number of host-country nationals on various local payrolls with local benefits, all using a common infrastructure.
Students, faculty, and staff in each School engage in a wide range of international pursuits, including study abroad, research projects, internships, performance tours, cultural enrichment, conferences, and business travel, covering more than 130 countries. The University presently has a long-term presence in about 20 countries (covering seven continents) and growing.
- Further develop and implement the operational aspects of total rewards strategy
- Serve as project manager for the startup of payrolls and associated business processes, benefits plans, HR information systems (HRIS) and global mobility processes.
- Provide ongoing administration and expertise in these areas, and develop, implement, and maintain processes and protocols as the department expands into new jurisdictions.
- Manage outside vendors, providers and brokers; Partner with internal offices on global employee relations and recruitment.
- Provide consistently excellent service to employees and internal HR offices, support values, and ensure compliance with U.S. and host-country regulations.
- Collaborate with a variety of staff, and lead or participate in a range of project teams. Work closely with School clients and stakeholders and with a wide variety of University offices, particularly the Office of the Controller, Financial Systems Solutions, Office for Sponsored Programs (OSP), Risk Management and Audit Services (RMAS), Office of the Assistant to the President, and Office of the General Counsel.
- As requested, represent the university to U.S. and foreign regulators and authorities.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in Project Management, Payroll and Benefits Administration, Compensation and Global Mobility, Employee Relations, HR Information Systems (HRIS), Compliance and Risk Management, as well as a:
- Minimum of five years of progressive HR operations experience
- Demonstrated track record leading teams to develop and implement business processes in a highly decentralized environment.
- Experience with tax issues for international assignees.
- Strong customer service orientation.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
Competitive salary and benefits.