- Cambridge, MA
Aadmi Consulting is providing recruitment support to Pod Consulting, a Cambridge, MA based software consultancy.
About POD Consulting
We are a small, high-end technology consulting firm in Central Square, Cambridge, MA with a very unique work environment. We strive for a stress-free and non-hierarchical yet productive work setting. Our goal is to do quality work for our clients while also having fun and maintaining a well-balanced life. The vast majority of our clients are in the Boston metropolitan area, which means that working at Pod does not involve much – if any – travel.
While our environment is low-stress, the work we do is anything but run-of-the-mill. We work in a range of current technologies such as .NET, Java, PHP and Python. As a result, and due to our specialization in unique applications and difficult technical problems, our clients look to us as their go-to source for deep technical know-how. For our clients, we produce technology strategy, custom application development and high-value custom content-managed websites.
Working at Pod, you will get to work on projects that we consider interesting, compelling or just plain cool, in any one of several industries. To date, our clients have been primarily in the Education, Financial services, Healthcare, and startup arenas. Many of our projects result in applications that are not publicly available on the internet, but a few of our projects that you can see publicly include:
- Sustainability at Harvard (http://report.green.harvard.edu/) – we think this project is compelling because of the green/sustainability nature of the site, supporting Harvard’s public commitments to:
- Reduce greenhouse gases by 30% from 2006 levels by 2016
- Comply with Green Building Standards for capital projects, building renovations and building system upgrades
- Set an example of a large, leading institution that complies with Sustainability Principles.
- MIT Information Services and Technology (http://ist.mit.edu/) – this project is compelling because it was an early adopter of responsive design, where the application is designed with different “break points” to render in an elegant fashion across the different resolutions/viewing sizes of different devices (computer, tablet, smartphone)
- Harvard Law School Case Studies Site (http://casestudies.law.harvard.edu/) - Harvard Law School (HLS) wanted to become the destination for legal case studies – some of which would be provided for free and some of which would be provided for a fee. HLS worked with pod to define the process flows for the system and to understand how they could best serve their target audiences in the nonprofit and student world. The end result was a website that worked with HLS’s current web properties and made them the first law school to have their case studies online.
Come Join Our Team!
We are currently looking for a full-time (or temporary-to-permanent) Software Developer to work with us in our Central Square, Cambridge office. The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Possesses a creative, agile mind and an engaged personality with a desire and ability to learn very fast
- Has a strong sense of personal responsibility and ethics
- Has good oral and written communication skills
- Successfully develop applications using C# and the latest web technologies according to industry best practices
- Drive technical design and implementation, provide scope and estimate development tasks/timeframes
- Proactively identify and resolve issues of technical design and implementation
- Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
- Work alongside our senior technical team to develop necessary technical architecture and to make key technology decisions
- Stay apprised of the latest technologies and innovations in web application technologies (in general) and .NET (in particular)
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree and/or substantive professional experience in software development (e.g. the equivalent of 1-2 years of paid, full-time experience programming in .NET). Experience/desire to work in other technologies (such as Java and Python) is a plus
- Understanding of object-oriented design
- A solid base (e.g. at least 1 year) of experience with web application development
- Understanding of development methodologies and database development technologies
Beyond just being a great place to work, we offer the following perks:
- Base salary plus performance bonus
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- 401K with company match
- Company sponsored outings and events