Manager - Public Relations
- Columbus, OH, USA
At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
Our Marketing team has the essential responsibility of connecting our customers with our dynamic and ever-evolving brands. Their ownership of immersive campaigns through in-store, digital, social, event marketing and PR channels brings our brands’ vision to the world. This diverse and collaborative team of creative, strategic, and curious individuals are constantly looking for new ways to learn about our consumer and push the envelope in our efforts to reach them.
A&F seeks a talented individual to handle global public relations. As a member of the Marketing Strategy team, this person will help coordinate and manage press with journalists and other opinion leaders about new store openings, campaigns, brand partners and product launches for the Abercrombie & Fitch and abercrombie kids brands. Additionally, the candidate will oversee all influencer efforts including strategy, selection, execution management and reporting. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, collaborative, relationship-oriented and highly organized.
What will you be doing?
- Partner with Brand Strategy, Corporate Communications, Design, Merchandising and other cross-functional teams in order to create compelling communication strategies
- Partner with Creative teams to develop necessary creative assets to bring communication strategies to life
- Maintain strong relationships with key journalists, bloggers and influencers
- Develop written materials including influencer briefs, press releases, media alerts, Q&As, FAQs, presentations, etc.
- Manage and develop influencer programs and relationships, building brand ambassadors while keeping content diverse and fresh
- Manage external agencies who support in planning and execution functions
- Work cross-functionally with investor relations team
- Analyst media coverage; develop responses when needed
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual media activity reports
- Create and manage PR and influencer budgets, deadlines, objectives and schedules
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a strong academic record
- 6-8 years of global/international PR experience in fast-paced agency, media or retail environment
- Well-connected with key media outlets and influencers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident communicator
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate appropriately
- Innovative problem solver and a creative marketer with a strong sense of urgency
- Familiarity with direct marketing, facebook, twitter, media monitoring tools and PR newswires
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to handle significant responsibility
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and appreciate cultural differences
- Humble, team-oriented and optimistic
- Passion for the A&F brands
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012