Junior Software Development Requirements Business Analyst
- Seaside, CA
Able Forces, founded by 2 veterans, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit providing professional, career-oriented employment exclusively to Wounded Warriors and Disabled Veterans.
The primary focus of employment for our Warriors is on Federal and Commercial contracts. Our contracts reflect a variety of professional disciplines including Military Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Military Analysts, Administrative and Program Management Support, Help Desk, Logistics, and Secure Communications in both cleared and non-cleared environments.
Able Forces employment opportunities focus exclusively on career-oriented, entry to senior level positions.
We are currently executing contracts in Washington DC Metro Area, Alexandria VA, Huntsville Alabama, Ft. Benning GA, and Orlando/Tampa FL. Existing customers include:
- U.S. Army PEO STRI
- Missile Defense Agency
- Special Operations Command
- Ft. Belvoir Mark Center
- Military One Source
- Department of Energy
We encourage our OEF/OIF Wounded Warriors and all Disabled Veterans to contact Able Forces for information regarding employment opportunities in these and other developing geographic areas.
The mission of Able Forces is to address the critical employment and training needs of our combat injured veterans of OEF/OIF and all disabled veterans. We emphasize continuity of support and focus on providing employment opportunities and community-based job preparation training to our Nation’s heroes suffering from Severe Physical Disabilities, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and minor to profound Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
Able Forces, founded by veterans, is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Small Business, an Ability One/NISH affiliate, and defined as a Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP). Our efforts to provide training and employment to our nation's Heroe's include well-established working relationships with the following Care-Giving and Veteran-focused organizations:
Department of Veterans Affairs Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2) Warrior Transition Units (WTU) Navy Safe Harbor Marine Corps Regiment Air Force Wounded Warrior Program Coast Guard Wounded Warrior Program State Employment (VET) Agencies Community Veterans Organizations Community Service Organzations Department of Labor VETS
This contract with the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) provides enterprise information technology services support. Services are provided across a broad range of DMDC products and services, spanning numerous systems and applications and covering all four primary business lines:
1) Decision Support - Decision makers have the information they need, when they need it, to make the best decision for the Department, the war fighters and their families,
2) Enterprise Integration - Focus highly motivated employees, insightful partners and resources to provide customers state of the art solutions, on time, and at lower cost,
3) Entitlements and Benefits - Beneficiaries receive every benefit they are entitled to-- transparently and seamlessly,
4) Identity Management - Ensure that the right people, and only the right people, have the right access, at the right time, to defend and protect the personnel, logical and physical assets of the DoD.
The candidate of choice must be able to obtain and maintain a position of public trust vetting. Active secret or higher clearance may substitute for position of public trust vetting.
The Junior Software Development Requirements Business Analyst candidate of choice will perform the following activities under the guidance of a senior manager:
- Serve as a Junior Software Development Requirements Business Analyst for one or more software engineering projects increasing in scope and complexity over time
- Capture, verify, and manage requirements and requirements traceability in support of product development, test and delivery
- Develop requirements, workflow and system analysis
- Work with business users to develop software requirements and specifications for current system enhancements, new system functionality and new projects for use by customers of DMDC
- Analyze, design and evaluate computer systems to address and satisfy business requirements
- Establish functional, non-functional and performance specifications
- Ensure all project documentation meets established guidelines
- Conduct business and technical presentation for customer
- Understand and communicate government policies and regulations, operational mission and goals for assigned DoD programs
- Collaborate with developers and QA to enhance requirements
Must be a Wounded Warrior or be a Disabled Veteran with a minimum of 30% documented disability.
- Use Case development and analysis
- Knowledge of best practices for developing documentation, including but not limited to Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Capable of dealing with all levels of management, client executives and representatives
- Ability to interview program stakeholders and document functional specifications and other documents
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and quantitative skills
- Work well on a team and individually with the ability to plan and schedule activities to accomplish objectives in dynamic environment
Self-starter and independent learner capable of learning complex work with guidance of senior management
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies
- Knowledge of or experience with relational database and web applications
- Experience working in a dynamic, multi-layer distributed environment
- Current position of public trust clearance or Secret clearance or higher
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 1 to 2 years of experience