Centennial Place Janitor/Maintenance Assistant
- Pasadena, CA
At Abode Communities, our mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. Currently, we own 34 properties throughout our region that are home to more than 4,000 residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced Janitor/Maintenance Assistant for a 144 unit property located in Pasadena.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the property is maintained in the best physical condition possible and that all resident services requests are completed in a timely manner, including:
- Cleaning and maintaining building grounds and common areas (e.g. sweeping, mopping, shampooing, polishing and vacuuming common area bathrooms, kitchens, community rooms, offices, etc.)
- Inspect building grounds and common areas on a daily basis (e.g. pick up debris and trash, clean up spills and accidents, wash handrails, decks and walkways, etc.)
- Assist the Maintenance person and Property Manager as needed (e.g. two-man maintenance issues, order and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Minimum of two years general cleaning and maintenance experience, including maintaining common area marble, tile and carpet flooring.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to write clear reports and other correspondence
- Basic computer literacy preferred (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Current CA driver's license & auto insurance
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers from diverse cultures and backgrounds
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to push, pull, reach overhead and in front, crawl around or behind equipment, lift heavy dry wall panels, large containers of paint and/or plaster, lumber and tools
This non-exempt position pays at the rate of $10 an hour. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, short term/long term disability insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.