Part-time Property Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
Abode Communities is a non-profit organization whose mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. The organization owns 37 properties that are home to more than 6,100 residents and has approximately eight additional properties under predevelopment that will eventually place an additional 2,500 people in affordable, service-enhanced housing over the next three years.
We are currently seeking a part-time, onsite property manager for a 50 unit building located in Panarama City. Qualified candidates will be bilingual in Spanish and English and have five years experience in property management with at least one year managing tax credit (TCAC) properties.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the property including:
- Office Management (e.g. maintain tenant files, service requests, purchase orders, incident reports, etc.)
- Administrative and Financial (e.g. obtain/process rental applications, handle rent collections and deposits, process move-ins/move-outs, complete annual re-certifications of property’s compliance with regulatory requirements, etc.)
- Property Maintenance (e.g. oversee scheduling of work performed by vendors and maintenance staff, conduct property inspections, etc.)
- Supervision of Assistant Manager when applicable
- Maintain positive tenant relations and deliver outstanding customer service
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Five years experience managing properties. Must have at least one year of experience managing tax credit (TCAC) properties with knowledge and demonstrated experience regarding rent restrictions, income restrictions and the annual certification process
- HUD, TCAC or Home Program certification preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to write clear reports and other correspondence
- Work history emphasizing strong customer relations, oral and written communications, and organization skills;
- Computer Literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Current CA driver's license & auto insurance
- Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers from diverse cultures and backgrounds
This non-exempt position pays $17 an hour and includes a 3-bedroom apartment on the property. The work schedule is approximately 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.