Temporary Computer Lab Assistant
- East Compton, CA
At Abode Communities, our mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. Our Beyond Homes social service programs enhance and support a holistic and healthy lifestyle for the individuals and families who live in our developments.
We are currently seeking a temporary computer lab assistant for our 70-unit apartment building located in East Rancho Dominguez. The computer lab is open to all residents and provides opportunites to conduct job searches, write resumes, complete homework, receive computer instruction and attend classes and workshops focused on job preparedness and building self-sufficiency.
- Organize, plan and conduct computer courses that enable participants to develop computer literacy, educational skills and cultural/social insight.
- Design or utilize existing curriculum to devise lesson plans that ensure objectives and outcomes for participants are obtained and are measurable.
- Instruct/teach adults in the preparation for employment, vocational training and post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Supervise and mentor youth ages 5-17.
- Work with various learning enhanced software programs.
- Help in developing community/resident outreach materials that secure optimal participation in the computer lab.
- Provide a flexible classroom schedule, including evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, teaching and/or relevant training.
- Minimum two years experience in one or more of the following fields: computer technology, teaching and classroom instruction.
- Exemplary writing, communication and computer skills.
- Preferred Bilingual literacy in English and Spanish.
- Ability to troubleshoot with computers a plus.
- Working experience with computer programs such as Excel, Microsoft Word, E- Mail and the Internet required.
- Ability to work with and relate to individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of insured vehicle to travel within the Abode Communities service area.
This is a temporary position tentatively scheduled to begin in February and last approximately two months. Compensation for this non-exempt position is $12.00 per hour, 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday.