Osage/Park Place Property Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
Abode Communities is a non-profit organization whose mission is to open new doors in people's lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. The organization owns 37 properties that are home to more than 6,100 residents and has approximately eight additional properties under predevelopment that will eventually place an additional 2,500 people in affordable, service-enhanced housing over the next three years.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time property manager for a 21 unit building in Lennox (2 days a week) and a 49 unit building in Los Angeles (3 days a week). Qualified candidates will be bilingual English/Spanish, have a minimum of five year’s experience managing residential properties and preferably at least one year managing tax credit (TCAC) properties.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the property including:
- Office Management (e.g. maintain tenant files, service requests, purchase orders, incident reports, etc.)
- Administrative and Financial (e.g. obtain/process rental applications, handle rent collections and deposits, process move-ins/move-outs, complete annual re-certifications of property’s compliance with regulatory requirements, etc.)
- Property Maintenance (e.g. oversee scheduling of work performed by vendors and maintenance staff, conduct property inspections, etc.)
- Supervision of maintenance and janitorial staff
- Maintain positive tenant relations and deliver outstanding customer service
- Five years experience managing residential properties. Must have at least one year of experience managing tax credit (TCAC) properties with knowledge and demonstrated experience regarding rent restrictions, income restrictions and the annual certification process
- HUD, TCAC or Home Program certification preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to write clear reports and other correspondence
- Work history emphasizing strong customer relations, oral and written communications, and organization skills;
- Computer Literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Current CA driver's license & auto insurance
- Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers from diverse cultures and backgrounds
The rate of pay for this non-exempt position is $15/hr. Compensation also includes a three bedroom apartment on site. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, short term/long term disability insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.