- Los Angeles, CA
Abode Communities is a non-profit organization whose mission is to open new doors in people's lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. The organization owns 37 properties that are home to more than 6,100 residents and has approximately eight additional properties under predevelopment that will eventually place an additional 2,500 people in affordable, service-enhanced housing over the next three years.
We are currently seeking an experienced Property Supervisor to oversee a portfolio of approximately eight multi-family residential properties in the Los Angeles region. The Property Supervisor is the primary contact person for all sites within the assigned portfolio and works as part of a team to direct and control building operations, property management, and personnel assigned to the properties. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of seven years property management experience, including three years of experience with HUD and/or TCAC properties and five years experience supervising multiple sites and property managers.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Personnel and Office Management Oversight (e.g. hire, train, coach, supervise and evaluate Property Managers)
- Financial Management Oversight (e.g. prepare property operating and capital improvement budgets, monitor and review monthly financial reports and property operating expenses, monitor collection and receipt of all rent collections and deposits, monitor the rental application process)
- Regulatory & Contract Compliance (e.g. oversee and monitor the annual re-certifications for properties, directing all aspects of marketing and leasing new properties in compliance with regulations and company policies, work with Development staff to develop operating budgets and management plans for new properties)
- Property Maintenance & Curb Appeal (e.g. oversee and monitor all work conducted by vendors, maintenance, janitorial or other staff including daily inspections of each property in the portfolio)
- Resident/Tenant Relations & Customer Service Delivery (e.g. assist Property Managers to coordinate with other departments to resolve resident/prospective resident complaints and inquiries, supervise and monitor follow-up on problem resolution and ensure that the resident/prospective resident is contacted with a resolution in a timely manner)
- BA degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years property management experience, including a minimum of 3 years of property management experience of HUD and TCAC properties, including, but not limited to, rent restrictions, income restrictions and the annual certification process.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supervising multiple sites and property managers.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and the ability to learn proper use of property management program(s), as needed.
- Knowledge of Boston Post and/or MRI strongly preferred.
- Comprehend and effectively manage complex regulatory requirements.
Able to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- A passion for helping Abode Communities achieve its' mission and for assisting the populations we serve.
The salary for this exempt position will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include a convenient 9/80 work schedule, health, dental and vision insurance, short term/long term disability insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.