DCDC Assistant Property Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
Abode Communities is a non-profit organization whose mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. The organization owns 37 properties that are home to more than 6,100 residents and has approximately eight additional properties under predevelopment that will eventually place an additional 2,500 people in affordable, service-enhanced housing over the next three years.
We are currently seeking a highly organized Assistant Property Manager for 103 scattered single and multi-family apartment units located in central Los Angeles. Qualified candidates will have prior property management, administrative or customer service experience, computer literacy and the ability to speak, read, and write English and Spanish.
This position is responsible for assisting the Property Manager in managing the day-to-day operations of the property including:
- Office Management (e.g. assist in maintaining tenant files, service requests, purchase orders, incident reports, etc.)
- Administrative and Financial (e.g. assist in obtaining/process rental applications, handle rent collections and deposits, process move-ins/move-outs, complete annual re-certifications of property’s compliance with regulatory requirements, etc.)
- Property Maintenance (e.g. assist in the scheduling of work performed by vendors and maintenance staff, conduct property inspections, etc.)
- Maintain positive tenant relations and deliver outstanding customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year property management experience, preferably with tax credit (TCAC) properties
- Prior property management experience may be substituted for two years of general office/administrative assistant or customer service experience
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to write clear reports and other correspondence
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Computer Literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Current CA driver's license & auto insurance
- Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers from diverse cultures and backgrounds
This non-exempt position pays $14 an hour and includes a one bedroom apartment on the property. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, short term/long term disability insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.