- Los Angeles, CA
Abode Communities is a non-profit organization whose mission is to open new doors in people's lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. The organization owns 37 properties that are home to more than 6,600 residents and has approximately eight additional properties under predevelopment that will eventually place an additional 2,500 people in affordable, service-enhanced housing over the next three years.
The organization fulfills its mission via four core divisions: Architecture, Real Estate Development, Property Management and Resident Services.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Associate will provide support to Abode Communities' evolving and multidisciplinary brand. This can include, but is not limited to, the development of communications for:
- Division-related marketing materials;
- SOQ/RFQ/RFP responses for business development;
- Newsletters and electronic communications
- Award submissions;
- Website updates
- Events; and
- Social media
Additional responsibilities include supporting a variety of fund development activities to build individual donor relations, including performing marketing research; developing and maintaining an individual donor database; developing and coordinating communications specifically for individual donors; event planning; and identifying opportunities for increased donor contributions.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated critical thinker and communicator who, under the direction of the Director, Communications and Fund Development, will aid in the development of a broad range of corporate communications.
The ideal candidate has:
- A passion for the organization's mission;
- Two plus years of experience in a a related field;
- Completed a bachelor's degree program in marketing, communications or related field;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in social media;
- Experience in electronic mail services such as Constant Contact, iContact, or MailChimp; and
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (preferred).
The salary for this exempt position will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include a convenient 9/80 work schedule, health, dental and vision insurance, short term/long term disability insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to:
701 E 3rd Street, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Attention: Director, Human Resources and Administration
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.