- Long Beach, CA
At Abode Communities, our mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing.
The Resident and Community Services Division implements and oversees social service programs that will enhance and support a holistic and healthy lifestyle for the individuals and families of our development.
Under the supervision of the Director of Resident and Community Services, or a Regional Services Coordinator, the Services Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing community development activities related to healthy living, asset building, resource referral, and case management services to families as needed at affordable housing developments located throughout Los Angeles County. The Services Coordinator will also be responsible for planning and supervision of on-site after school, STEP Up to College, Computer Lab resource centers, and summer programs for youth ages 5-17. The Services Coordinator will ensure ongoing access to resources for residents, intervene when families or individuals are at risk of losing their housing, and provide avenues to social service agencies. The Service Coordinator works to engage residents with each other, and their greater communities, promoting wellness, increase capacity to earn and meet the needs of their families. The Service Coordinator is responsible for tracking programs and referrals through daily attendance, referral notes, case notes, and meeting agendas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the needs of families and individuals and recommend specific service plans, provide service referrals and linkages.
- Assess the needs of the community and provide resources as such.
- Meet with family members involved in case management services upon request.
- Oversee the maintenance of confidential case files, case notes, attendance sheets, surveys and correspondence through software system.
- Provide supervision and oversight to all program staff and third party service providers.
- Work with Regional Service Coordinator to provide social, educational and recreational programs using volunteer, local non-profit, governmental, or community resources.
- In partnership with Property Management, participate in community meetings in an effort to facilitate on-going communication channels for residents.
- Attend local coalition meetings comprised of community, service providers and residents in order to represent Abode Communities.
- Establish collaborative working relationship with Property Manager to facilitate open and on-going communication regarding resident activities, meetings, special events, resident questions and concerns.
- Respond to Property Management referrals by following up within 24 hours.
- Attend regular staff and supervision meetings with Abode Communities staff.
- Provide regular documentation and tracking of all program activities via program database.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a consistent work schedule. The schedule should be posted on office door as well as shared with Property Management Team and immediate supervisor weekly, via e-mail.
- Where applicable, maintain community job announcement board.
- Work with team to compile a monthly newsletter to be distributed to residents.
- Direct outside service providers and city/federal agencies to the proper protocol for any publicity and advertising opportunities on behalf of Abode Communities.
The candidate must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Candidate should have strong relational and interpersonal skills with a dedication to work closely with low income residents, some with special needs. The candidate must have the ability to work independently, and with a team of Service Coordinators. Must be a self-starter able to carry out work plans and meet goals in a timely and effective manner. Candidate must be willing and able to work within a culturally and ethnically diverse environment, collaborating with individuals and organizations. Must be able to handle shifting and multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. The candidate must possess good organizational skills, with attention to detail and accountability in verbal and written form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two years related experience in social work, human services case management, and/or related field required.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective, cooperative-working relationships with community-based organizations, public, and private organizations
- Possess the ability to organize and oversee meetings, activities and events and have an ability to effectively network in the community.
- Required to have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred bilingual literacy in English and Spanish.
- Exceptional speaking abilities and facilitation skills.
- May be required to work some evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Intermediate computer skills with programs such as Excel, Microsoft Word, E-mail and the Internet.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Valid automobile insurance that meet Abode Communities insurance requirements.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.