The Director of Resident Services directs and oversees the implementation of Abode Communities’ resident services program with the support of a team of resident services coordinators and various community partners. In addition, the Director of Resident Services identifies social services partners and develops services plan for new Resident Resources Centers. The position prepares and implements programs, policies, and procedures, directs, manages and trains staff, develops and controls program budgets, and participates in fundraising. The Director of Resident Services reports to the Vice President of Property Management and Resident Services and is an instrumental partner to housing stability for the residents.
Major Jobs Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities for the position of the Director of Resident Services include the following:
1. Manage and lead the Resident Services Group and oversee and direct Beyond Homes, which includes the coordination and delivery of on-site services and programs for Abode Communities’ existing properties and providing linkages to off-site community resources and supportive services.
2. Plan, develop and implement new resident services programs for all Resident Resource Centers which may include working with the residents, the resident services staff, community partners and local social services organizations.
3. Hire, train, and supervise resident services staff which may include Regional Services Coordinators, Resident Services Coordinators, Site Coordinators, Lab Instructors, and Tutors.
4. Establish and maintain strategic alliances and working relationships with local residents, community-based organizations, social services agencies, and other stakeholders; and prepare, manage and monitor Memorandums of Understanding with service partners.
5. Oversee input and collection of program data for Beyond Homes through Family Metrics; monitor program performance and outcomes to ensure program goals are achieved; analyze and utilize outcome data as the basis for continuous program improvement; and ensure compliance of resident services in accordance with the needs of residents, regulatory agreements and areas of focus identified by Abode Communities.
6. Prepare, monitor and control program and division budget.
7. Work closely with the Development Group to conduct community outreach, develop resident services plans, and prepare the resident services sections of funding applications.
8. Work collaboratively with the Property Management Group to ensure the smooth integration of resident services at the properties and facilitate connections between the residents and the resident services and property management staff to ensure maximum house retention and stable property building operations.
9. Assist and support the Director of Communications and Fund Development with the preparation of grant proposals and applications, monitor and assess program outcomes and impacts for grant reports, and track and monitor grant expenditures related to resident services programs.
10. Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in the area of service-enriched affordable housing and resident services programs; and represent Abode Community within the resident services and affordable housing industries and with public and regulatory agencies, community groups, social services agencies, and funders.
11. Carry out other duties as required to further Abode’s mission in the provision of affordable housing and community building.