Education Program Marketer
- Atlanta, GA
Accelerated Learning Services is a community-based company that provides comprehensive educational and support services for youth, college students, adult learners, students seeking to obtain a GED, teachers, and school systems. The approach that ALS takes is to positively impact and transform the lives of our youth, young adult and adult learners, and educators by encouraging them to be successful through academic, character, and career/professional development in a comfortable environment.
ALS provides in-home and online tutoring services, test preparation, private homeschool services, summer enrichment, and after-school enrichment. The mobile educational services are provided for K-12, college students, and adult learners. Academic enrichment is offered in-home, on-site, and online in all subjects and all areas of test preparation (e.g. SAT, ACT, CRCT, ASVAB, COMPASS) using multiple modalities. The company also tutors nationally and internationally through an online virtual learning platform.
We are a seeking a confident and self-motivated Education Program Marketer to utilize their marketing and sales expertise to initiate and follow-up on educational sales leads within defined territories. As an Education Program Marketer with ALS, you will research your territory’s school districts’ and community's educational needs and develop sales strategies and presentations to present solutions that meet those needs. A key role of the Education Program Marketer is to close sales with potential clients.
As an Education Program Marketer with ALS, you will maintain a pipeline of forecasted sales opportunities. You will also provide exceptional customer service to the community organizations, schools, and libraries in your sales territory. Key responsibilities include:
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
- analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Additional tasks of the Education Program Marketer include:
- Developing strong working relationships with librarians, administrators, teachers and other school personnel
- Developing strong working relationships with local community organization leaders and personnel
- Engaging in solution-centered dialogue with decision makers to discover their particular needs and goals
- Matching appropriate ALS productsand services to client needs and closing sales
- Creating print, email and other marketing materials
- Attending local and state training and industry conferences
- Maintaining competent product knowledge
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of PK-12 educational funding sources in your territory
As an Education Program Marketer, you must be entrepreneurial-minded, highly organized, positive and persistent. You must also be enthusiastic in your approach and follow-through with clients and proactive in building your business opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree - in business, marketing or sales
- Minimum of two years outside sales and marketing experience
- Prospecting and closing skills
- Computer proficiency with experience in desktop publishing
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Superb writing skills and excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador is absolutely required
Additional requirements include:
- Willingness to work as an independent contractor
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and build relationships
- Experience collaborating with decision makers
- Ability to strategize and prioritize in order to meet sales goals
This is a commission based marketing position with the potential to earn up to $8,000 a month.
Applicant must be available for an interview and training.
Please upload resume,cover letter, and completed application when expressing interest to this job.
Application may be found by clicking the following link: http://www.alstutoring.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ALES-Employment-Application.pdf