- San Antonio, TX
Who We Are:
We are Nexius, and we’re using the power of curiosity, excitement and intelligence to shape the future of communications. Every day, our talented team members are working with communications providers in 25 countries, designing and building their networks to accommodate new customers and new services, and providing strategic services and business intelligence to help them make smart decisions that keep their businesses competitive and growing.
Network operators partner with our Network Deployment group for its continuous, ahead-of-the-curve innovation, and progressive approach to building networks that advance schedules, reduce costs, and increase quality of service. Our delivery teams leverage state-of-the-art software and automation tools, such as AccuV, providing unequaled consistency, accuracy, and visibility.
Who We’re Looking For:
A Construction Manager to join our growing team in the S. TX Market / San Antonio, TX area.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for working with the site development team to design a cost effective site.
- Oversee project design by assisting with site sketches for inclusion in lease documents, review and approval of site plans for zoning, permitting and construction.
- Ensure the most economical and best construction practices are utilized.
- Review bill of materials to ensure proper usage within client guidelines
- Track, review and approve closeout documents and general contractor change orders
- Database and timeline updates to track adherence to project deadlines.
- Ensure quality construction standards and adherence to project plans.
- Coordinate QA processes and resolution including all punch-list items.
- Maintain safe work environments, monitor safety process of contractors, compliance with regulations.
- Oversee completion of closeout documentation, quality of build and adherence to Nexius processes
The Qualities You Possess:
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often.
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Thorough understanding of cellular/pcs equipment configurations.
- Experience in the local market
- Minimum 2 years in facilities construction, preferably with broadcast, microwave, and wireless site construction experience.
- Preferred experience in new site build construction, UMTS site construction or LTE site construction.
- Strong communications skills with a polished ability to communicate both formally and informally with multiple, distinct audiences, including internal teams, senior management, customers, contractors, and external resources.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, as well as previous experience working with NORAD, CASPR and Siterra is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- Periodic air travel required
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.